/21/

Clang!

The pebble bounced off of Bambam's window, falling to the ground. Yugyeom waited a few seconds, listening to the sounds of crickets chirping in the night.

"C'mon Bam", Yugyeom whispered to himself, picking up another small rock. He didn't mean to be cheesy, throwing rocks at Bambam's window in the middle of the night, but it couldn't wait. Every second they were away from each other, Yugyeom felt himself falling apart more and more.

He threw the rock and it hit the window, making another small sound before falling to the ground. He waited several seconds before preparing to throw another. He nearly jumped out of his skin when the window was thrown open and Bambam stuck his head out, glaring at the taller boy.

"What the fuck do you want?"

Yugyeom felt a sharp pain in his heart at the sound of Bambam's voice. He was angry, that was obvious. But there was a layer of hurt beneath the anger that made Yugyeom want nothing more than to fix him.

"I came to apologize; really apologize", Yugyeom explained. Bambam rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." He started to go back inside, about to close the window before Yugyeom shouted "Wait!"

"What?", Bambam asked in exasperation. Yugyeom shuffled his feet.

"I...I wanted to take you somewhere. We never got to really go on a date, and I...I care about you, Bambam. I care about you a lot. I want to be with you, for real."

Bambam paused, staring down at the taller boy. Yugyeom pointed to the silver car parked a few feet away.

"Mark let me borrow his car."

Bambam bit his lip. He glanced at Yugyeom before going back inside his room, leaving the window open. He appeared a few seconds later with a jacket and shoes on. He easily climbed out the window, stealthily climbing down the side of the house. He landed a few feet away from Yugyeom, brushing himself off before heading to the car and opening the passenger side door.

Yugyeom followed him to the car, a smile playing on his lips. Bambam glowered.

"Wipe that smile off your face, Kim Yugyeom. I'm only doing this for the car."

\

They drove for a while in silence. Yugyeom could tell Bambam was pouting, staring out the window and refusing to look at him. Yugyeom turned on the radio and an unfamiliar song started playing.

Yugyeom knew exactly where he was going. His family went there every summer. He had heard Bambam say several times before that he wanted to go there as well.

The drive was about an hour long, and Bambam didn't say a thing the entire time. Yugyeom would glance over at him every so often. When they got near the place, he could see Bambam's eyes light up with excitement.

They finally stopped, the clock on the dash reading 12:11 am. As soon as Yugyeom turned the car off, Bambam threw the door open and jumped out.

The beach. Yugyeom could recall countless times when Bambam had told him he wanted nothing more than to go to the beach.

Yugyeom got out of the car, watching the smaller boy as he ran to the ocean, splashing into the water and laughing brightly. Yugyeom smiled too, happy to watch Bambam enjoy himself.