Chapter 14

"Come on, Vander. Quit staring," mapang asar na wika ko sa kanya. He looked stunned.

I swear I could hear and feel every fiber of his being. Matapos ng naganap kanina, I just knew I'm not me anymore. Ah. No. The real me is out. Too much pain and anger made my inner monster to come out. Hindi ko alam kung ano ako but I am peculiar.

Iba ako sa kanila. I feel so light and powerful. My confidence is overflowing and my heart seems to be too cold.

Naririnig ko ang pinaka malayo at maliit na tunog ng mga insekto. Maging ang malumanay at malamig na ihip ng hangin. I could sense movements from afar from the nocturnal wild animals. I can clearly read and sense emotions. My skills before were enhanced.

Pero... may mali.

Ang nararamdaman kong warmth at recognition sa nasa paligid ay tila nawala

Tulad ng kay Salva kanina.

I...I didn't know I can do it to her. Nagawa ko siyang saktan kanina and there's no guilt at all.

Vander.

I stared at him. Duguan siya. He smelled sick. Like a rust iron . Mukhang napuruhan siya sa naging labanan. That's what he get for saving the slut. And for coming and ruining my night. I've come to realize his ulterior motives. Nandito siya para tigilan ang blood bath for the sake of the truce between werewolves and vampires and not to see me kagaya ng sinabi niya.

And how will i forget siya mismo ang nagpalayo sa akin sa kanila. He sees me as Agatha, not Cassandra.

Now I'm setting free. Kung ano man ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya ay kakalimutan ko na. I don't want to live in the shadow of someone who is dead. I don't want to get hurt and cry over a guy who doesn't love me back. And that's end of this crazy and one sided love.

"That's a good decision, Princess."

Hindi ko nilingon ang nagsalita. I remember him. I saw him when I was young. The memory is unclear but i remember his face. People called him Crucio. Palagi siya sa bahay namin ni Mommy noon bata pa lang ako.

"Quit reading my mind, Crucio." Tumawa lang siya sa sinabi ko at lumapit sa akin.

"Hey, doggie."

Van remained unmoving while staring at me straight in the eye. Sinalubong ko ang mga mata niya.

"Alam mo ba kung ano ang iniisip niya ngayon? She's done with you. She has finally come to realize that a shit like you will never make her happy. So you could continue now your sweet affair with my vampire cousin. Naks. To think that you are technically cousin since Alastor legally adopted her. Nah, anyway. Uso naman ang incestous affair sa mga aso, right?"

I knew it.

Itinulak ko palayo si Crucio when Vander moved to attack. Tumilapon siya sa puno malapit kung nasaan tulala pa ring nakatayo si Salva. I heard Vander growled and ran towards Crucio. Sinalubong ko siya at malakas na isinangga ang kamay sa mga kamay niya. He's in a human-like form. Pero kita ko ang nanlilisik niyang mga mata. Mahigpit kong hawak ang mga kamay niyang singtalim ng dagger ang mga mahahaba niyang kuko.

Nanlilisik ang kanyang dark yellow green eyes. A sign that he's deadly mad. His eyes then fixed on mine. I felt the urge to do the necessity. To do the things I used to before. Ang pakalmahin siya, iparamdam na hindi niya kailangan magalit. But a strong unwilling sense came...

No...

Don't...

This guy hurts you a lot, Cassandra .

I saw his eyes became focus as they met mine. His heartbeat became normal. His bloodflow started to slow down and his eyes screamed every emotions he's feeling now.

"Nah. Too slow and too weak." Malakas kong sinipa ang tagiliran niya at malakas siyang hinagis sa isang puno.

I saw him fell on the ground, coughing. Tumakbo si Salva at inalalayan si Vander na patuloy sa pag-ubo ng dugo. She gave me a deadly glare as if I'm a real enemy now.

Am I?

Not really. I just don't have any reason to stay and be close with anyone related to Vander and he himself.

Just that ayoko na.

"Just wanna tell you hindi mo na ako maloloko sa mga kilos at salita mo, Vander. For the new record, I'm not Cassandra who will cry and get hurt by you anymore. This is a pure bitch now and you just had a taste of my sample." Mabilis kong inipon ang pwersa sa aking mga paa bago sinubukan talunin ang isang mataas na puno.

To my surprise I was able to go higher and farther!

Damn it! Im flying! I wanna be away from here. From them.

Sa bawat pagdampi ng aking mga paa sa mga sanga ng puno ay ang mabilis na pag-ipon muli ng enerhiya na dumadaloy sa buo kong katawan. Patuloy ko iyong ginawa. Jumping off the trees, running away from the shits of life. Feeling the cold emptiness. Kissing the moon's shadow and embracing my fullness.

I am now Cassandra Novalez. A hybrid. I finally was able to open the secret of my past and self that my mom hide for the longest time.

I am a half-werewolf and a half-vampire. Yes.

And I'm still the untamed one.