Chapter 15

One month after

"May I dance with you, sexy?"

Broad shoulder blades and muscular body built. The man is oozing with sex appeal. I grinned. "Get lost . Or you'll be dead soon."

He was taken aback for a moment and then realization hits him. I'm damn serious. Dahan-dahan niya akong tinalikuran just like what I expect him to do.

"You're a bitch, Cassandra. That was one of a hella hot guy and for the umpteenth record who came to you tonight!"

I smirked. Dahan-dahan kong nilagok ang isang baso ng vodka. I tasted how strong it is. It's both bitter and sweet. Matamis sa una pero pumapait habang naglalandas sa lalamunan. I stared at the man coming near us at the bar counter.

"He wants to bed you, Niza. And he's coming to get you into his pants," I said.

She just chuckled and stareed at the guy with her flirty eyes.

Niza Coztales. A filipina brazilian model. Also a vampire. I met her along my journey in Arizona month ago. Kababalik ko lang ng Pilipinas at nasa isang sikat na bar kami ngayon. Pagkalapit ng lalake na kulay asul at halata ang pagiging banyaga. Agad kumapit sa braso niya si Niza and whispered something on his ears.

"Let's dance, handsome."

'Di ko namalayan ang paglayo nila. My focus went back to the vodka in front of me. Unti-unting natutunaw ang yelo roon. I can hear it melting. I can hear the guys talking about me and Niza. I can hear their lustful thoughts. I can sense annoyance and jealousy from other women around. Nasanay na ako sa abilidad kong ito. I embraced myself fully and I'm happy.

Then there it is. Again.

I felt it. The familiar smell. The familiar presence. Nitong mga nakaraang araw sa muli kong pagbabalik ng Pinas, he's been following me everywhere. The funny thing is that he remains from afar. At wala akong pakialam sa kung ano ang gusto niya at dahilan niya sa ginagawa niya.

I'm done with him.

"Hey, gorgeous. Drinking alone is a bad habit."

"God, she's beautiful."

Napangiti ako. This is the first guy who came to me without wanting to bed me tonight. He purely wants to talk to me and get the hell out of here. Hindi ko man lingunin I can pique his looks. A very filipino physical built. Brown tanned guy, a nice male physique, an Adonis.

"Staring is a bad habit, too."

I heard him chuckled.

"Can't help it princess"

"Can I join you?" Doon ko siya nilingon. He look so handsome, alright. The sharp jaw and aristocratic nose caught my attention. "I know you'll say no. I've been watching you dumped the guys who came on you." He gave me a shy smile. "Just trying my luck."

Hmm... he's kinda cute.

"Well then, it's your lucky night. Sure you can."

Nagulat man sa sinabi ko ay pilit niyang itinago ang pagkabigla. He smile brightly and sat beside me.

"Hi I'm Kurt Mendoza and you are?"

"Cassandr," I replied and stared at him. Trying to read his mind, assessing his feelings and emotions. He's in chaos. Nakakatawa at tuwa ang kakaibang nararamdaman niya.

"You look so beautiful! Oh, God. I'm sorry. I-i can't help it."

"Tell me, Kurt. You came here tonight to forget about things that troubless you. And it's your first time to deal with a woman upclose," I said.

Bahagya siyang natulala at 'di makapaniwalang pinagmasdan ako. "Tell me you're not a mind reader."

Natawa ako . Geez, of course! If you want to unwind and forget about things, get drank and meet new people. "Nope, you're that obvious."

Iniabot ko sa kanya ang vodka.

"Cocktails are for girls. And being shy around a woman is a thing. Do you even have a girlfriend? Tell me."

Bumaba ako sa upuan at lumapit sa kanya. He looks younger than me. Probably 18. A typical rich mature guy dean's lister in a famous university with a goody two shoes arrive. He has that aura.

"I-I'm supposed to be the one asking you if you're single or not."

I chuckled. Interesting.

Goodness. Nakikipag-flirt ba ako sa kanya? Really?

"Come on, tell me." Hinaplos ko siya sa braso.

Hmm hard..

"I have no romantic relationship since birth."

That's not shocking. I knew it all along.

"You haven't been with a girl before? And you finally want to try so you came here tonight?"

He stared at me.
"Hmm, and you're the only girl who caught my attention."

"Pleasure..." Inilapit ko ang labi sa tenga niya. "And you're the only guy who caught my interest."

I drank my vodka while staring at his pleased eyes.

Lust. I can see and feel it now. Men will always be men. I scoffed.

"Kiss me," I whispered, he heard me. Kahit napakalakas ng musika alam kong narinig niya iyon.

There's hesitation at first. But I stilled when he slowly move his head towards mine. I can almost feel his warm breath on my lips. When I felt it. He's near. So near that I can sense his animosity. The anger. The pounding of his heart and his blood flow. I can hear him almost growling.

"Touch her and you're dead."

Bahagya akong napangiti. Hmm...

Mabilis akong nilayuan ni Kurt at nilingon ang pinang galingan ng tinig. It's behind him. In his over confident stand and appearance that caught every attention of people inside the bar.

The alpha.

Who would miss his presence if it emits power and strength. So manly and near to perfection. He's wearing a v-neck black shirt that outlines his broad shoulders and macho appearance and was paired with his usual faded maong pants.

He's just the alpha who broke my heart to pieces over and over again.

"Who are you?" mapangahas na wika ni Kurt.

I stared at Vander with a serious façade. Kahit naghuhumiyaw ang galit at poot sa puso ko.

He took a step closer. I can see his fist balling in anger.

"Van Tyler Laurent. The alpha." Even his voice sounds powerful and giving a warning. Territorial. "And I'm here to claim what's mine."