I Have to Go Away(Obi Wan)

You stare at the man lying in the sand on Tatooine. You consider leaving him there to die, but there's a baby with him and your conscience gets the best of you. You lift him up using the Force. Your twin daughters, Rane and Thalia Kenobi, watch you carry the man inside. You don't use the Force in front of them often. It's a part of your life you would like to forget. Being a Jedi Knight had caused you a lot of pain, especially since you had given the Jedi everything.

***

You were an orphan on Tatooine, a slave to Watto. You helped Anakin around the shop. You lived with Anakin and his mother, as you had no home of your own. One day, a man with hair the color of sand and a beard called Qui Gon Jinn walked into Watto's shop. He needed parts for the ship he had come in. He somehow managed to get Watto to let Anakin enter the pod the little boy had built into the pod race that would take place the next day. A girl several years younger than you called Padmé was there too. You all watched Anakin win the pod race. Afterwards, Waddo let you go too. It wasn't part of the wager he made with Qui Gon. You knew because you had been present when both wagers were made. When you asked Waddo why he let you go, he said, "Someone needs to look out for the boy." You nodded and thanked Waddo for his generosity, which he shrugged off. When you got to the ship, Qui Gon introduced you to his apprentice, Obi Wan Kenobi. He was about your age, and you couldn't help thinking he was cute. Then both Obi Wan and Qui Gon sensed someone strong with the Force besides Anakin and themselves. It turned out to be you.

At first, the council refused to allow you and Anakin to be trained because you were too old. However, after Qui Gon died, the council agreed to honor his dying wish and allow Obi Wan to train Anakin. You became Mace Windu's apprentice, and caught on quickly. You trained harder and progressed faster than any Padawan in the history of the Jedi. You were soon a Jedi Knight, just like Obi Wan. Then you two fell in love. You would meet in secret, always after dark, always in a different place. You managed to keep the secret pretty well. Not even Anakin knew you were seeing each other. Until you became pregnant. You refused to tell them the father. Obi Wan didn't even protest when you were expelled from the Jedi Order. You moved back to Tatooine, close to a moisture farm owned by Anakin's brother, Owen, and Owen's wife, Peru.

***

That was five years ago. Now, seeing Obi Wan Kenobi lying on a bed in your small house, you can't help cursing the Force for bringing him to you. You tend to him with the help of your daughters. You sit with him all night, until he wakes up at dawn. He groans as his eyes open, and he stares at your (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair falling out of your bun and onto your face. His breath catches in his throat.

"If you're going to thank me, don't. I would have done the same for anyone I found lying in the sand. Besides, you have a baby with you."

"(Y/N)--"

"He's here Obi Wan. Is he yours," you ask with a slight bitter note in your voice.

"No (Y/N). He's Anakin's. His name is Luke, and I'm taking him to Owen and Peru."

"They live out a mile to the east. It'll be the first moisture farm you see. After breakfast, you can be on your way."

"(Y/N), I'm--"

"Don't. Just go after breakfast." Then Rane and Thalia ran into the room.

"Mama, there's a sandstorm," Rane breaths. You sigh and curse the Force mentally. Why did these things happen to you?

"Alright," you say. "Obi Wan, you can stay until the sandstorm passes. Then you go." Obi Wan nods, and you leave the room to make breakfast.

***

The sandstorm doesn't pass that day. Or the next day. Or the day after that. You find yourself going to Obi Wan's room just to check on him, or talk to him. You find yourself laughing at his old jokes you've heard him tell a million times, and smiling fondly at him, the way you did when you were seeing each other. On the fifth day the sandstorm is raging, you are leaning against Obi Wan and mending one of Thalia's dresses. "Did anyone ever tell you you're the most beautiful woman in the whole galaxy," Obi Wan asks, smiling at you. You smile back at him.

"You did," you answer, "all the time when we were seeing each other." Obi Wan's eyes fill with sadness.

"(Y/N), I'm really--"

"Don't. It's in the past."

"I'm sorry." You stop sewing and stare at him. "I should have told them I was the father, and that I was in a relationship with you. It's not right that I got to stay a Jedi, but you suffered because of our relationship. I'm sorry." Tears fill your eyes, and you lean forward and kiss Obi Wan lightly on the mouth. He smiles, and you smile back. You lean in to kiss him again, but Obi Wan pushes you away. "(Y/N)...."

"What is it Obi Wan?"

"I can't do this. As soon as the sandstorm dies down, I have to go."

"You can stay if you want Obi Wan. I don't mind."

"It's not that. It's just.... I have to get Luke to Owen and Peru as soon as possible. Then I have to change my identity and stay close to them."

"This is close to them. Owen and Peru only live a mile away. You can stay here, and--"

"No (Y/N). I'm sorry." You smile at him. You can't find it in your heart to be mad at him anymore. You love Obi Wan too much.

"We can have a relationship for a few more days, can't we," you ask, and Obi Wan smiles.

"A few more days," he agrees.

***

Three days later, the storm passes. Obi Wan collects his belongings and picks up Luke. You hug him tightly. "You can stay," you whisper into Obi Wan's chest. "Please stay."

"I can't (Y/N). I'll see you again someday, but for now, I have to go away." You nod.

"I understand," you say, and you mean it. Obi Wan smiles at you.

"Thank you (Y/N). For everything." Then he's gone.