Sweet On Me(Hux)

Armitage Hux blocked the Resistance warrior's shot with one of his own. They were both at the same meeting to convince the leader of the planet to ally with their respective sides. She slowly backed him to the window with her shots. Soon enough, she had her blaster pressed to his chest. Instead of shooting, she shoved him out the window. Next chance I get, he thought, I'm gonna grab a hatchet.

***

They saw each other again the next month, but on different circumstances. (Y/N) (L/N) had been captured, and now the general was going to intertogate her. He slammed his fist down on the table.

"Just tell me where your base is!" (Y/N) just giggled and stuck out her tongue. He leaned really close. "You know we're going to win, right," he asked softly. "And, maybe if you cooperate so we win faster, we'll be merciful and make your death quick." (Y/N) glared at him. Despite her immunity to stupidity and pompous incompetence, Hux's self-righteous streak was testing her patience.

"Don't try to win me over," she snapped. "I'm not as soft as the other weaklings you interrogate." Hux glared back.

"I really hate you," he growled.

"Glad we're on the same page." Kylo Ren walked through the door.

"Hux, a word." The general walked out. The pair argued for a while. (Y/N) didn't understand what they were saying.

***

"Have you gotten what we need out of her yet?" Armitage suppressed a sigh.

"No, Ren. She's being difficult." He thought back to her response to him asking, for the fifth time, where the Resistance base was located. The way she had flippantly laughed and stuck out her tongue like a child shoved his temper and made him want to scream. He should have slapped her. He knew that if his father were still alive, he'd be screaming at him for not doing so. But it was because of his father that he prefered to avoid hitting the prisoners. Even the awful ones.

"What's taking so long? I'd have it done already." Armitage gritted his teeth.

"I'm sorry, Ren. It's a bit hard to work when you interrupt me all the time."

"Then get back to it." Armitage stalked back into the room. The girl watched him.

"You don't like your boss, do you?" He just glared at her. She leaned back in her chair as much as she could. "I don't like mine either. But this is better than being illegal."

"Ex-Imperial's kid?" He didn't know why he asked.

"Smuggler's daughter. You were a lot worse off, though."

"Don't try to win me over," Armitage spat. "And don't dare go sweet on me." The girl rolled her eyes.

"Please. I just detest you." Armitage sighed.

"Why am I stuck with you?" He glanced at the clock. It was getting late. "I'll be back tomorrow." Then he left. He absolutely hated her. She was everything he told himself he'd never be. But he had a feeling that no one understood him like she did.

She was gone when he woke up. Kylo Ren told him the Resistance had snuck on board the night before and rescued her.

***

When (Y/N) was returned to the base, Poe, her boyfriend and boss, greeted her with a kiss and pulled her to their room. She braced herself for what was coming. It still hurt when Poe punched her. "Why on Tatooine did you get captured?"

"I-I--"

"Did you tell them anything?"

"No, I promise." Poe grabbed her roughly. She flinched, desperate to get away from him.

"If I find out you're lying, you're going to regret it. You think I'm mad now, but this is nothing." He let her go and went to take a shower.

***

(Y/N) got captured a few more times. Each time she returned home, she was met with the same treatment as the first time. But talking to Hux, making him mad, was worth it. Make no mistake, she hated him. He was arrogant, concited, awful, despicable, and unadulteratedly incorrigible. But what she hated most of all was how no one understood her like he did.

***

Armitage sat on the roof of a bar on some planet he didn't know the name of. (Y/N) had been getting herself captured. He wondered if she was doing it on purpose. He noticed that she had a bruise hidden on her cheek last time she was there. Not that he cared.

And, yes, he knew her name now. That tends to happen when you spend quite a bit of time with someone. It didn't change how he felt about her.

"May I join you?" Armitage turned to see (Y/N) standing behind him with a bottle of whiskey in her hand. He shrugged, and she sat down beside him. She took a deep drink of the whiskey and handed him the bottle. He accepted the drink. They sat like that in silence for a while.

"Who hit you like that," he asked finally. (Y/N) looked away so he couldn't see her cheek or the fresh black eye.

"It doesn't matter," she whispered. "I'm a complete mess."

"I'm a wild disgrace. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Except being Resistance scum."

"So, why you and me," (Y/N) asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone can see that I'd gladly punch you in the face. Why then does no one understand me like you do? Why am I stuck with you? I don't know what I did to be given this cursed certainty that if I were to try and know you, I'd just see you're like a friend to me."

"I know what you mean. I won't even dance around the subject. I don't know what I did to be given this cursed certainty that if I were to try and find someone like me, you'd still be who I'd see. And that's why I hate it when we just stop and speak." They stared at each other for a moment. They both reached out for the loving contact they had craved since they were children and found it in a kiss. When they pulled away, (Y/N) was crying. But she was smiling at the same time.

"Just so we're clear and we know where we stand here.... Don't you go sweet on me." Armitage hugged her tightly. She hugged back, then left. And he decided to go too, to prepare to interrogation room in case she wanted to visit.