Experiment(General Hux)

"C'mon, Amy!"

"(Y/N), slow down!"  (Y/N) turned to look at Armitage. He ran to catch up to her, panting. His ginger hair was soaked with sweat. He felt like he was going to collapse. (Y/N) frowned with concern.

"Are you okay?" Armitage shook his head. He didn't have the energy to speak. "I'm sorry. Sometimes, I forget I'm so much faster than you." Armitage shook his head again.

"I-It's fine. I'm fine now."  Armitage smiled at (Y/N). She smiled back, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Let's go." (Y/N) walked beside Armitage until they reached a boulder. She walked up to it and hesitated.

"Amy, can you help me move the rock? It's a little big."

"Sure, (Y/N)." Armitage stood beside (Y/N) and helped her push the rock out of the way. He could tell she felt bad about earlier. He knew if she wanted to, she could pick up the boulder and hold it over her head like it was nothing.

Once the boulder was out of their way, it revealed a tunnel. (Y/N) crawled in after Armitage so she could move the boulder back into place.

At the end of the tunnel, there was a small, dark room roughly cut in the stone. Armitage turned on the lamp in the middle of the room. (Y/N) sat across from him. The light and the solemn expression on her face made her look older than their seven years.

"Amy, am I a monster?" The question caught Armitage off guard. He tried not to look at her arms, legs, or chest, where he knew multiple scars resided. (Y/N) nodded.

"I thought so. Most people can't do what I can." 

"You're not a monster. You're too nice to be." (Y/N) stared at the lamp. "Is this about your scars?"  (Y/N) crawled over to Armitage and hugged him.

Years Later

General Hux walked to the landing bay to greet the new senior officer. As the shuttle approached, he felt an overwhelming sense of nervousness. He hoped it wasn't who he thought it was. Hux looked over his shoulder. "Lieutenant Jade," he called. The lieutenant walked up to General Hux.

"Yes, sir," he asked.

"Do you know the name of our new senior officer?"

"Major (L/N), sir." General Hux nodded.

"Thank you, lieutenant." Lieutenant Jade nodded and walked away. General Hux's heart beat faster. Please don't let it be who I think it is.

The shuttle landed in the Finalizer.  General Hux watched as Major (L/N) walked out of the shuttle. She was breathtaking. Her hair was tucked neatly under her cap. The collar on her teal tunic was folded perfectly, and the buttons were all perfectly in line. Her boots were polished to perfection. Nothing was out of place.

Her (E/C) eyes were exactly the way he remembered them. 

General Hux took a step forward. "(Y/N)...Major...hello. It's been a while." She looked him straight in the eye. Her eyes were cold.

"It certainly has, General." Her voice was emotionless, betraying none of the anger she had drowned him in last time they had met.

"I-I'll show you to your quarters." As (Y/N) followed General Hux, he couldn't help thinking back to that day, years ago, when he thought he had lost (Y/N) forever.

***

She had been training for weeks. Whisked away by instructors every time he tried to talk to her. At times, he would pass the arena and watch her sparring with her instructors. She seemed invincible. She took out several instructors at once with only her fists and feet.

One time Armitage passed the arena just as she was leaving. Her (H/C) hair was braided. Her simple sleeveless black shirt and trousers revealed her arms and the scars that covered them. (Y/N)'s face lit up.

"Amy! I haven't talked to you in forever! Where are you going now? I'll walk you there!" Armitage blushed as (Y/N) looped her arm around his. He couldn't help looking down at her arms and the light lines that covered them. 

"Father told me why you have those scars," he said suddenly. (Y/N) blushed and looked at the ground.

"He did?"

"Yeah. When were you going to tell me you were surgically modified to be a weapon?" (Y/N) didn't answer. "It doesn't matter. I just don't understand why you would keep something this important from me."

"I didn't want you to think I was a freak."

"I don't. I think you're valuable. You could take the First Order to new places. With you, we could take over the galaxy quickly. And just think of all the benefits that would come from our offspring! They would be a combination of my strategy and your strength!" (Y/N) stared at him.

"Is that what I am to you?"

"Obviously. You are a valuable tool. If the technology inside you works, that is." Tears filled (Y/N)'s eyes.

"Am I just an experiment to you?" Armitage was silent. He realized he had just said something terrible and irrevocable. He searched for the words to apologize, to make things better, but it was too late. (Y/N) let go of his arm, glaring at him.

"I'm a human being, Amy. I'm not a tool, I'm not a weapon."

"(Y/N)--"

"No! I loved you, Armitage. You want to know why I didn't tell you I had been surgically modified to fight? The real reason?" Armitage was silent, afraid. "My father ripped open my arms and legs and chest and put these things, these machines in me. He fortified my bones with steel, he put a droid in my heart to make it stronger, he changed my insides to make it so I could run faster than anyone without getting tired or lift a Star Destroyer and hold it over my head. He knew I could have died, but he did it anyway." (Y/N) was crying now. Armitage reached for her to comfort her, but she pushed him away. "Don't touch me. You're just like him. You don't think I'm a person, just something you can manipulate so that you can conquer something. And worse, the first time someone talks about having kids with me, it's about breeding. Breeding, like I'm an animal." (Y/N) was shaking. "I'm not an animal." Armitage watched, helpless, while (Y/N) ran down the hall and out of his life, forever.

***

"This is your room." (Y/N) nodded.

"Thank you, General."

"(Y/N)." Her hand froze on the keypad. General Hux stared at her, silently begging her to look at him. (Y/N)'s eyes remained glued to the floor. "Please, hear me out."

"General, this conversation is completely unprofessional, and I'm tired. My first day of work is tomorrow, and I really should get some sleep, and--"

"You're not an experiment." (Y/N) looked up at him, eyes wide. "You're not a weapon. I was young and stupid and elitist and I'm sorry. I wish I could take all those things I said back. I just want to make things right."

"General--"

"I loved you, too. I was too stupid to realize it. I'm sorry, (Y/N), I--" He was cut off by her lips on his. Her (E/C) eyes were full of tears.

"Don't read into that. It was only to shut you up." (Y/N) punched her code into the keypad and the door opened. She stopped in the doorway. "I missed you, General." Then she was inside her room. And General Hux was left alone in the hall with a kiss that was given years too late.