Cantina(Luke Skywalker)

You sat in the cantina, alone. You had just broken up with your boyfriend. He was a cheater, and a laser brain, and a nerf herder, and totally not worth your time. That didn't stop you from missing him. That's why you were here. Drinking. You had never been to a cantina before, and didn't drink. You thought it would be nice to start. You were drunk after one shot. After a while, a blonde boy came in with an old man. The blondie's cute, you thought, though it was probably just the alcohol. He sat at the high table, right beside you, while the old man walked into the crowd. You ordered another drink even though you had had like, three already and were wasted. "You don't look like the type that hangs around here much," the boy said. You just giggled. "Are you drunk?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"How many of these have you had?"

"Like...four? Yeah, four."

"That's not a lot."

"I've never been here before. It's pretty though. The room spins."

"Yeah, you're definitely drunk."

"Yeah. I am." You giggled. There was something about him that made you just giggle and agree with everything that came out of his mouth. Or it was just the alcohol. It was probably just the alcohol. "I wouldn't have come here," you said, "except I had a boyfriend. I broke up with him a couple hours ago."

"Why did you break up with him?"

"Well, he cheated on me with my friend (F/N), and he never really liked talking to me and would yell at me a lot and he was just the worst. And the weirdest part of it is I miss him." Then you started crying.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay. Don't cry, this isn't a good place to cry. Please stop crying...." You nodded and wiped your eyes on your sleeve.

"Sorry, I'm unloading all this stuff on you. I just always seem to fall for the wrong guys, you know?"

"Not really, but it must be hard, loving the wrong people, and never getting loved back."

"It is! It is hard! It's too hard. Why do I put up with it?"

"I have no idea."

"I don't either! We have something in common!"

"Yeah, we do." You both were silent for a bit, then the boy said, "My name's Luke."

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

"I've gotta go. I'm headed for Alderaan. I'll see you when I get back."

"See you when you get back Luke!" You waved at him as he walked away. You figured you should go home before you passed out. You waved to Luke as you left, and he waved back.

***

You waited for Luke for years. You wondered where he was. It couldn't possibly take years to go to Alderaan, could it? Eventually, you decided he had forgotten about him. You threw yourself into your life, determined to forget about him. You had met him when you were drunk, and you had a life to live.

Somehow though, Luke crept inside your thoughts. When you saw a blonde head, you hoped it was him. When you couldn't sleep at night, you thought about him. When you saw the cantina, you were reminded of his promise to you, that he would come back and see you.

One day, you decided to go to the cantina, just for kicks. You were having a really bad time, and who knows? You might meet a nice guy you could fall in love with and marry. You noticed Jabba the Hutt had a new slave girl. She was pretty. You walked over to the counter where you had sat all those years ago and ordered a drink. You weren't drunk yet; but you were starting to feel a little lightheaded. You hadn't even finished your first drink yet. After a few minutes, you had half your drink left, and a black clad figure wearing a hood walked in. When he caught sight of you, he walked over. "Hey (Y/N)," he said, staring into your eyes.

"Luke," you breathed.

"Shh," he said. "I'm here to save my friends. I can't get discovered, so listen carefully. I won't be back for a while. I might not come back at all. But I want you to have this." He took a box out of his pocket and opened it. It was a beautiful hair pin, forget me nots made out of cloth. Luke slid it into your hair, and you blushed.

"I wanted to give this to you, in case I never see you again

"I wanted to give this to you, in case I never see you again."

"Thank you.... I--"

"I love you too." A lump formed in your throat, and tears pricked at your eyes. You realized you did love him. Luke placed a hand on your cheek, and you closed your eyes. "Be safe," Luke said to you.

"I will," you said softly. "I promise." Luke smiled at you.

"Thank you (Y/N). I'm gonna make the galaxy safer. For you." You smiled at Luke. "You should probably go," he said. "Things are going to get ugly." You nodded and left the cantina. You touched the flowers in your hair. "Come home safe to me Luke," you whispered into the air. Then you walked home.