Dad(Anakin)

Anakin and (Y/N) sat together on the rug in Shmi's home, rolling a ball back and forth. (Mother's name) (L/N) hurried in with two Jedi following suit. Anakin and (Y/N) looked up. The first man was tall and bald with dark skin. The other had (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair. He looked a lot like the little girl on the rug. He smiled down at her.

"Hello, (Y/N)," he said softly.

"Hello," she answered cautiously. (Mother's name) was talking with the other man. She sounded angry. "Who are you?"

"My name is (Father's name). I'm a Jedi. Have you heard of the Jedi?" (Y/N) nodded. There wasn't anyone who hadn't heard of the Jedi. "How'd you like to be one?"

(Mother's name)'s head shot up at this. "Absolutely not," she snapped. "You two are not taking my daughter away from me!"

"(Mother's name)--"

"No. You had the chance to be part of (Y/N)'s life, and you gave it up for the Jedi. I'm not going to let her live that life." (Mother's name) began to cry. Shmi placed her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"If she wants to go, you should let her go. I know it's hard, dear, but if being a Jedi is what she's meant to do, then it would be wrong to keep her from her destiny." (Mother's name) nodded.

"(Y/N), do you want to become a Jedi?"

"Only if Anakin gets to come with me." Anakin looked at his mother, who nodded. Mace Windu and (Father's name) looked at each other and made a decision.

"We can take him to Coruscant to be evaluated. If he's Force Sensitive, he can stay." (Y/N) and Anakin cheered and hugged each other. The biggest adventure of their lives had just begun.

*Years Later*

(Y/N) ran down the hall. She was going to meet her father, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Anakin, who were all coming back from a mission. Normally, she'd be returning with them, but she had opted to complete her trials that afternoon and become a fully fledged Jedi Knight.

She couldn't wait to show Anakin. He had completed his trials the month before. She hoped he'd be as proud of her as she knew her father would be. Just thinking about the way his face would light up when he saw her braid had been cut off made her blush.

(Y/N) reached the temple gate just as her family arrived. Obi Wan and Anakin walked through, followed by a stranger pushing a stretcher with a body covered in a sheet. Anakin and Obi Wan caught sight of her, and their already sad expressions grew more sorrowful. (Y/N)'s heart sank to the bottom of her stomach. "Anakin," she asked, "where's Dad?" Anakin just shook his head. Deep down, (Y/N) knew the answer, but it just couldn't be true. The person on the stretcher couldn't be the same man who nurtured her, who encouraged her when she believed she couldn't graduate the Academy, who held her when she cried, over big things and small. The person on the stretcher could not be her father.

Obi Wan placed his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "We were surrounded, and I tried to get them both out, but they killed him before I could." A strangled sob escaped (Y/N)'s lips.

"No. No, it can't be true. Please, please tell me it's not true." Anakin hugged (Y/N), as she cried.

"I've got you," he whispered. Everything's going to be fine."

***

The next few months were spent in bed. (Y/N) didn't have the will to get up to train, to eat, or to speak to anyone. She just slept or cried or stared at the wall, clutching the teddy bear her father gave her when she graduated the Academy. She could feel herself slowly sliding towards the dark, but she didn't care.

The Jedi Council also felt this, and asked to speak to Anakin and Obi Wan. They explained everything to the pair, and asked for help.

"Drifting to the dark side she is," Yoda told them. "Bring her back to the light we must."

"Anything you can tell us would be helpful," Mace Windu added. "Please.... I can't reach her. She's like a daughter to me, and if I lost both her and (Father's name).... I don't know what I'd do." Anakin and Obi Wan thought for a moment.

"She does fancy Anakin," Obi Wan said. Anakin's face flushed.

"Obi Wan!"

"I think he loves her as well. They both watch each other when they think the other isn't watching." Anakin's blush grew darker.

"Is that true, Anakin?" Mace Windu asked. Anakin nodded, eyes on the ground.

"Then tell her how you feel."

"What?"

"Tell her you love her. It's the only thing that can save her now."

Anakin hurried away to carry out his task. When he reached (Y/N)'s room, he knocked to let her know he was there, then went inside. (Y/N) was a lump under a large pile of blankets. It broke Anakin's heart to see her like that.

He sat down on the edge of her bed and placed a hand on her shoulder. (Y/N) rolled over to face him. Her eyes were red and puffy. "Hey," Anakin said.

"Hi," she whispered, voice hoarse from unuse. Anakin glanced at the table and sighed. The meal he had left her had remained untouched.

"You should really eat something," he scolded gently.

"You said that last time you were here." Anakin almost burst into tears. Last time, she had just turned away from him.

"I wouldn't nag at you if I didn't love you." She took this in.

"You love me?" Anakin nodded.

"Always have, always will, (Y/N)." She hugged him tightly from her position on the bed. Anakin leaned over and gave her a peck on the forehead. She sat up and leaned on his shoulder.

"I just realized how hungry I am." Anakin scooped (Y/N) off the bed.

"Then let's go get you a hot meal."

*Time Skip*

"Anakin Skywalker, take (Y/N) (L/N) to be your wife, do you?"

"And (Y/N) (L/N), take Anakin Skywalker to be your husband, do you?"

"I do."

"Then pronounce you husband and wife, I now do. Kiss the bride, you may." Anakin kissed (Y/N) passionately. Everything was going to be fine, just like he promised. He had saved her from the dark, and now, they'd be together forever.