First Burn(Han Solo)

This was inspired by First Burn from Hamilton, and requested by FennaB11. Enjoy!

You clutched all the letters from Han in your hands. Tears were streaming down your face as you turned to walk outside. Then Han ran through the front door. "(Y/N)," he said, breathless. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry," you asked, not even trying to hide the disbelief in your voice. "Han, I kept every letter you wrote to me. From the moment I saw you, I thought you were mine." Han nodded, tears in his eyes.

"I know," he said softly.

"You said you were mine," you said.

"(Y/N)," Han whispered, tears in his eyes.

"I thought you were mine," you whispered. Louder, you continued, "Do you know what Leia said, when I told her what you'd done?" Han shook his head, even as you continued to talk. "She said, 'You've fallen for an Icarus. He's flown too close to the sun.'" Han started to walk toward you.

"(Y/N), please--"

"Don't take another step in my direction," you said. "I can't be trusted around you." Han froze. "Don't think you can talk your way into my arms." You held up the letters in your hand. "I'm going to burn your letters. You can watch if you want to." You started to walk out the door, but Han grabbed you. "Let me go, Han," you screamed. "I don't know who you are." Han only held you tighter.

"(Y/N), think about what you're doing."

"I've thought about it long and hard, Han. I've reread your letters, now I'm going to watch them burn!"

"(Y/N), I made a mistake. A big one. Please, please forgive me. I love you."

"Han, you published the letters she wrote to you. You told everyone how you brought that girl into our bed. In clearing your name, you have ruined our lives."

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Heaven forbid someone whispers, 'He's part of some scheme!' The Empire whispered, so you had to scream."

"I'm sorry," Han whispered again.

"I know about whispers," you said softly. "I've seen how you look at my sister." Han froze where he was holding you.

"(Y/N), I can explain--"

"Don't. I'm not naive, Han. I have seen women around you. I've seen how they fall for all of your charms." You kicked Han away and shoved the letters into his hands. He looked shocked. "I'm erasing myself from this narrative," you said. "Let the historians wonder how (Y/N) reacted when Han broke her heart."

"(Y/N), please stay. We can talk through this. We can work it out. I know we can. Please just give me another chance." You shook your head.

"You've thrown it all away, Han." You walked to the door. Han didn't try to stop you. Your hand rested on the doorknob. "When the time comes," you said softly, "explain to Luke and Leia the embarrassment and pain you brought on their sister." You let out a quiet, hollow laugh. "When will you learn that we are your legacy?"

"Now," Han answered. You smiled sadly at Han.

"It's too late. If you thought you were mine, don't." Then you vanished, leaving Han standing in the middle of the room, letters in his hand, staring at the spot where you were. He sank to the ground, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"(Y/N)?" Han heard someone ask. Then he heard footsteps, and he saw Luke running into the house. "What happened," he asked. "Where's (Y/N) going?"

"She's leaving, Luke," Han said. "I--I cheated on her. I slept with this girl.... I think she was from Naboo. I didn't even know her name, Luke." Luke was standing still, staring at Han.

"You hurt her," he said softly. Han nodded. Leia walked in the house. She marched up to Han and slapped him. Han shot to his feet.

"Why," she asked. "(Y/N) was the best girlfriend you could ask for, and you slept with another woman."

"It was a weak moment," Han said softly. Leia's eyes widened with horror, shock, and disbelief.

"A weak moment?" she asked. "(Y/N)'s leaving, Han! She's going to turn herself over to Darth Vader because of you. She's probably already left, and you call your affair a weak moment?"

"I'm sorry," Han whispered. Leia stared at him in shock for a moment. Then she screamed and went for Han's throat.

"Leia," Luke shouted. He grabbed her around her waist, and held her back. "Leia, calm down." Luke looked up at Han. "It's alright," he said. "We can still save her." Leia struggled in his arms. Luke held on tightly, and eventually, she got tired and stopped struggling. Luke didn't let go. "Go," he said, jerking his head toward the door. "Find (Y/N)." Han nodded, and ran out of the house. He didn't stop to get in the Falcon. He just ran to the docking bay.

"Have you seen (Y/N)," he asked when he got down there. The people there frowned.

"Who," someone asked.

"(Y/N)," Han said. "Female human, about (height) tall, (H/C) hair, (E/C) eyes, (S/C) skin, wearing a white shirt, brown pants, black calf high boots, a locket, and an engagement ring?" The man nodded.

"I saw someone like that. She didn't have a ring, though."

"That's probably her," Han said.

"She took a ship and flew off. She told us she was a Rebel officer, and was headed to the nearest Imperial space station to turn herself in."

"Thank you, sir," Han said, then sprinted back to the Falcon. "Come on, Chewie," Han yelled. "We need to rescue (Y/N)."

"Han, about that...." Han rolled his eyes.

"What, Chewie," he asked.

"She told me not to let you go after her. Oh, and she told me to tell you she knows what she's doing, and when you go after her, be careful." Han stared at Chewie.

"Come on," he said. "Time to go."

"Wait," Luke called. Han turned around.

"We're coming with you." Han smiled at Luke.

"Thanks," he said. Luke smiled at him.

"(Y/N)'s my sister. I'd do anything to save her."

*Time skip*

Han crept through the space station. He heard voices at the end of the hall, and motioned for Luke and Leia to stop, blaster out. You were talking to Darth Vader. "Dad, I'm turning myself in."

"Really," he asked. "Are you sure your boyfriend and siblings aren't around the corner?"

"They might be," you answered. "I told Chewie not to let them come after me, but I know they will anyway, if they haven't already." Darth Vader chuckled.

"Well then," he said, "any last words?"

"I thought he was mine," you whispered. "I guess I have a lot to learn." Han heard a lightsaber ignite, and he leaped out of his hiding place. He shot all the stormtroopers, then grabbed you and pulled you away from Darth Vader. "Han, what are you doing," you asked.

"I'm getting you out of here," Han answered. "Come on," he yelled to Luke and Leia.

"Han, let me go," you said. Han lifted you up and swung you over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes.

"Not a chance, (Y/N)," he said. In a few minutes, you were on the Falcon. Han let you go to pilot the ship out of there. Luke and Leia hugged you tightly.

"(Y/N), I'm glad you're okay," Luke said.

"That was the most stupid thing I've ever seen," Leia said. "Don't ever do that again." Then, Luke and Leia left as Han walked into the room. Han smiled at you, and opened his arms. You rolled your eyes, but walked over to Han. You let him hold you, and rested your head on his chest.

"Are we cool," Han asked. You thought about it.

"Yeah," you said. "We're cool." Han kissed the top of your head gently, and you put your arms around him as he began to rock you back and forth.