Never Had(Poe Dameron)

You moved through the small room you stayed in with your boyfriend, Poe. It was your cleaning day. Poe was with Leia doing something, so you decided to start on your own. Even though he told you to wait for him to start. Oh, well, he can't yell at you for cleaning. How weird would that be?

You picked your way over to the radio in the corner. You turned it on, and smiled. 

I've been gone for so long now,

Chasing everything that's new.

You started cleaning, humming to yourself as the song played.

I've forgotten how I got here.

I have not forgotten you.

"We were just children, but our eyes opened," Poe sang. You turned around and smiled at him.

"And you were all that I could see," you joined in. "You came close enough to know my heartbeat, but still not close enough for me. Through the good times and the bad, you were the best I never had. The only chance I wish I had to take. There was no writing on the wall, no warning signs to follow. I know now, but I just can't forget. You were the best I never had." You stopped cleaning when Poe got to you. He took your hand and twirled you around, then pulled you closer to him. You two started dancing, and continued to sing.

"In this motel, well past midnight, when I'm bluer than a bruise, you come drifting in through the halflight, in your funny yellow shoes. And I hope that's you standing at my doorway, and that's the scratching of your key. And I hope this song I'm singing someday finds you. My letter to Elise. Through the good times and the bad, you were the best I never had. The only chance I wish I had to take. There was no writing on the wall, no warning signs to follow. I know now, but I just can't forget, you were the best I never had. Nana, nanana, the best I never had. Nana, nanana, the best I never had." You smiled at each other when the song was over. Poe kissed you lightly on the mouth.

"I love you, (Y/N)." You kissed him back.

"I love you, too." You hugged each other. Poe held you there for a long time.

"Uhh.... Weren't we going to clean together today," Finn asked. You and Poe turned toward the door. Finn and Rey were standing there. You smiled at them both.

"Yeah," you said, "we are. Poe and I just got sidetracked." Finn blushed. You giggled a little. "Not like that." Finn blushed even more. Rey was blushing, too.

"Let's get started," she said. You smiled at her.

"Okay," you agreed. You hopped over to the other side of the room and turned off the radio. Now you could clean without getting distracted. Perfect.