All Because of Him(Poe Dameron)

Lightning flew from your hands as you slayed the rebels. You screamed as you killed each of them, hating yourself for it. It didn't matter. You couldn't stop killing if you tried. The First Order had turned you into a monster, a machine, a weapon to use as they saw fit. You sobbed and screamed, but it didn't make a difference.

You were experimented on, torn apart and sewn back together, over and over and over. You died every day. The pain of your existence was almost too much to bear. You managed to survive, but you didn't really live. Then you saw him. The pilot. The one who changed your life forever. He was a hotshot, a troublemaker who couldn't get his head out of his cockpit. But when you saw each other across the battlefield, you connected. He began to walk towards you, purpose in his eyes. You stood in the middle of the battlefield, lightning swirling around you in a shield, ready to electrocute anyone who got too close. The pilot reached you. He touched your shoulder, and the lightning didn't harm him. He pulled you against him, his embrace melting your heart.

Later, you learned the pilot's name was Poe Dameron. You began to meet in secret, and he would kiss you, hold you, love you, until midnight came and he had to leave you. You never wanted him to go. You always begged him to take you with him, but he refused. You couldn't go to the Resistance base. People would ask too many questions. It was a shame. You loved him. When you were with Poe, you felt...wanted. Beautiful. All because of him.

***

You sit in the middle of a room, cuffs around your wrists. Armitage Hux is staring at you, disappointed. You don't meet his gaze. You can't bring yourself to do it. Hux was like a father to you. You hate the thought of disappointing him. "I'll ask you one more time (Y/N). Where is the pilot?"

"I can't tell you that."

"And why not?"

"Because I love him." Hux sighes.

"(Y/N), I want to let you off the hook. But the fact is, you let the pilot on board, and for all we know he's still here, stealing government files. We can't let him get away. But if you give him up, we'll let you off the hook. Okay?"

You shake your head. "It's not okay General. I won't give him up. If Poe's going to die, I'm going to die with him."

"That won't be necessary," you hear a voice say, and a blaster fires, hitting Hux in the back. Your face lights up when you see Poe. He hurries over to you, and releases you. You throw your arms around his neck and hug him. Poe wraps his arms around your waist, and you close your eyes, tears streaming down your face. "Hey baby, don't cry," he whispers. You shake your head.

"These are happy tears," you whisper back. He holds you tighter, and you smile and wrap your legs around his waist. You are free at last. All because of him.

***

You smile and unfold the piece of paper in your hands. You are wearing a beautiful white dress that flows down to the floor. There is a crown of flowers in your hair. Your face is pink from happiness. "Poe," you begin, "when I met you all those days ago, I was a mess. A monster, destroying everything that came close to her. You saw past that, you came close, and my lightning didn't harm you. I learned to control it, just for you. When you touched me, I became a girl again, a human. I became beautiful. All because of you. And I promise I'll be my best, strongest, most beautiful self, just for you."

Poe smiles at you, tears in his eyes. "That was beautiful (Y/N)," he says. The rest of the ceremony is a blur. When the priest finally says, "You may kiss the bride," Poe picks you up and kisses you passionately. You return his kisses, and you hear clapping and whistles from the crowd. You smile against Poe's mouth. This is the best day of your life. For the first time in a long time, you are alive, really alive, not just surviving. All because of Poe.