Always There Part 3(Rey)

Sam raced off, Rey and Finn following. There was toxic gas coming up from under a grate.

"Help me with this, quick," Rey shrieked. Sam helped her remove the grate, then Rey hopped inside.

"Whoa! What's going on," Finn asked.

"Gas leak," Sam said.

"It's the motivator," Rey added. "Sam, grab me a Harris wrench. Check in there." Rey continued to give orders. Finn and Sam did what they were told, grabbing supplies and handing them to Rey.

"How bad is it," Finn asked.

"If we want to live, not good."

"They're hunting for us now. We've got to get out of the system."

"BB8 said the location of your base is need to know. If Sam and I are taking you there, we need to know." Sam glanced at Finn. He was talking to BB8, trying to coax him into giving Finn the location of the base, probably.

"So, where's your base," Sam asked him.

"Go on BB8, tell her," Finn said. Sam would have laughed if their situation wasn't so dire.

D'qar.

"The Illeenium System?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, the Illeenium System, that's the one," Finn said. "Get us there as fast as you can."

"We'll drop you two off at Ponemah Terminal. I need the bonding tape, hurry!" Sam grabbed a yellow roll of tape, and tossed it to Rey.

"What about you," Finn asked.

"We're going back to Jakku," Rey said. Sam held in a groan.

"Back to Jak-- Why does everyone want to go back to Jakku?"

"Because it's our home," Sam said. Personally, she hated it, but if Rey wanted to go back, she would follow. Finn ignored her.

"Rey, you and Sam are pilots. You two can fly anywhere! Why--"

"Don't ask," Sam said.

"--go back."

"Too late." Rey glared at Finn.

"None of your business, that's why!" Then the power went out.

"That can't be good," Finn said.

"Ya think," Sam asked, rolling her eyes. She followed Rey to the cockpit. The girls tried to move the ship, but the controls were overridden. Finn climbed up and looked out the hatch.

"Get down," Sam snapped. "Get down." Finn did what he was told.

"See anything," Rey asked.

"It's the First Order." Sam held in a snort. She knew who it was. She knew for a fact that this ship got stolen often, and she had been with the owner on an occasion where he took it back. He always did this.

"What do we do? There must be--"

"You said poisonous gas," Finn interrupted.

"I fixed that."

"Can you unfix it?" Sam frowned.

"Guys, there's no need to unfix it. I'm sure we can fight our way out, if we need to." Rey and Finn looked at Sam as if she were crazy. Rey and Finn grabbed gas masks, Rey handing one to Sam. Sam didn't put it on. She humored Rey and Finn, though, and helped them put BB8 into the compartment.

"You think this'll work on stormtroopers," Rey asked.

"Yeah," Finn said. "Their masks filter out smoke, not toxins."