Spy Part 3(Poe Dameron)

This imagine was requested by FennaB11elephantii, and SammaJosee. Enjoy!

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hey, (Y/N)," I heard as I woke up. I smiled and looked up at Kylo Ren. He was smiling down at me, eyes full of love. "How'd you sleep," he asked.

"Good," I said, giving him a peck on the lips. "You?"

"Better."

"No nightmares?"

"Well.... Yes. A different one."

"Tell me about it." Kylo Ren sighed.

"You...we were here. And you.... You canceled our engagement." Tears pricked at my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Kylo." I wrapped my arms around him.

"Don't be," he answered. "I'm okay now." I smiled at the engagement ring on my finger. I had been dating Kylo for a year now. Amy had told me to give him a chance. I was glad I had taken his advice. Kylo had helped me move on after Poe Dameron had learned I was a spy and lost all feelings for me. I guess the same had happened to me over the course of a year. 

Kylo and I had decided to get married as soon as the war was over, if both of us lived. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Between missions and meetings, Kylo and I were planning our wedding. Finally, everything was falling back into place.

Poe's POV

"So, you're an intelligence officer," I asked the cute blonde sitting across from me. She nodded, smiling. This was probably the three hundredth date I've been on with someone new in the last year. I kept trying to move on after (Y/N), but it hasn't happened yet. I'm not sure if it ever will.

"I know you're the best pilot in the Resistance," the blonde said. "And I know you dated a First Order spy." I laughed, and looked in her eyes.

"Listen.... What's your name again?"

"Alice," she said, an annoyed expression crossing her countenance briefly.

"Thanks. Listen, Alice, that was a year ago. I'm over her."

"Your string of heartbroken lovers suggests otherwise."

"I don't know what those girls told you--"

"Jess told me she broke up with you because you were still hung up on that First Order spy."

"Jess is just mad because our one date didn't go very well. I'm over the First Order spy." Alice didn't seem convinced.

"If you're over her, prove it. What's her name?"

"(Y/N)," I answered without thinking.

"What's my name?"

"Alice," I answered. Alice nodded.

"What's her laugh like?"

"What?" Alice rolled her eyes.

"What does (Y/N)'s laugh sound like?"

"Bells tolling in the rain." Alice sighed.

"I think we're done here."

"Alice--"

"Don't! You're obviously still hung up on that spy, Poe! If you think you're fooling anyone, you're not." I sighed as Alice walked out of the restaurant. I wish things could just fall into place....

Two months later

(Y/N)'s POV

I smiled, holding Kylo's arm. We walked around the ballroom for a bit. Kylo was at ease, but I was scanning the crowd. We were at an engagement party for the daughter of one of the leaders of one of the planets that supported the First Order. We suspected they might be preparing to betray us and give their allegiance to the Resistance. I was looking for Resistance symbols hidden in rings and listening for talk about supporting them.

From across the room, I saw someone flash open a ring with the Resistance symbol. I removed my hand from Kylo's arm, and turned my head. "Duty calls," I whispered in his ear, giving him a peck on the cheek. Kylo nodded, and I disappeared into the crowd, heading in the direction of the Resistance symbol. I knew exactly which person had flashed it, since he hadn't moved since he had flashed it. I carefully, discreetly slid the blaster out of the holster on my arm. I stopped when I saw the two men talking. I slid the blaster back in its holster. The man who had flashed the Resistance symbol laughed, and my heart shattered all over again.

Poe stood there, talking to the leader of the planet. I felt like I was under water. I couldn't hear a word they were saying. I felt someone place a hand on my arm, and the bubble around me burst. A man was smiling at me. "Would you like to dance," he asked.

"No, thank you," I said gently. He smiled and walked away. I turned my attention to the conversation between Poe and the leader of the planet.

"Sir, the Resistance appreciates this," Poe said as the leader of the planet slipped him something.

"Make sure you use this information well," he said. "I have a feeling there are First Order representatives here. You need to leave before you get caught." I pulled my blaster out of its holster and walked up to them.

"It's too late for that," I said. "Poe Dameron, Governor, you are under arrest for betraying the First Order. Hands behind your heads, please." Poe and the governor put their hands behind their heads, the governor terrified, Poe glaring at me. I caught Kylo's eye, and nodded. He nodded back, and hurried toward me. "You caught them," he said. I smirked.

"Yep," I said. "Let's take these guys to the shuttle." We were almost to our ship when the Resistance attacked. Kylo Ren ignited his lightsaber, and Poe wrestled the blaster from my hands. He grabbed me, and pressed the blaster to my head.

"Go inside and evacuate everyone," Poe told him. He started backing away from Kylo, pulling me with him. Kylo started to move, but Poe pressed the blaster against my head more firmly. "Take another step, and I'll shoot her," he said. Kylo nodded, freezing. Poe turned around and ran to his ship, pushing me in front of him. As soon as we were in his ship, he dropped the blaster. I moved for it, but Poe kicked it out of the way.

"Long time, no see," he said. I didn't respond. Poe walked over to me, took my face in his hands, and pressed a kiss to my mouth.

Poe's POV

She didn't kiss me back. I broke off after a bit, staring at her. (Y/N) just glared at me. "What," I asked. "Was that terrible?" (Y/N) just sighed, and lifted her left hand. There was a diamond on her ring finger. 

"I'm engaged, Poe," she said. My heart sank.

"To Kylo Ren," I said numbly. She nodded, tears in her eyes. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Yeah," I said. "I bet you are." I turned and walked into the cockpit of the ship. I plugged in the coordinates for the Resistance base. In a minute, we were in hyperspace, flying home.

A/N: Hillo! So, I think this imagine is going to be a bit long, like four or five parts. Three people requested this imagine, and it ends on a cliffhanger. I am going to write a part four, and from there we'll see how long this is going to be. I honestly never expected to write this part, so thank you to the three people who requested it for keeping the story moving.

--Tranquil Space Ninja