Live, Love, and Lose(Anakin Skywalker)

You run through the streets, panting heavily. You are the last Jedi in Coruscant. Your father, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda both fled, leaving you behind. Not on purpose, though.

You fly your speeder to the ledge of the apartment you stay in when everyone is driving you crazy. Once inside, you fill a suitcase with clothes and food. You are in and out in a few minutes. As soon as you step into your speeder, someone punches you in the face, and you black out. 

Sometime later, you wake up in a cell, miles below ground. Anakin is watching you through the bars. You glare at him, trying to walk to him. When you glance down at your wrists, you see that chains are holding you in place. "What do you want," you ask, coldly. Anakin gives you a dark look.

"Can't I check up on my teacher's little girl?"

"Seeing as how you betrayed us both and got me stuck in here, no." Anakin rolls his eyes at you, exasperated.

"The Jedi betrayed us first."

"Sidious betrayed the entire galaxy. You can't possibly--"

"He saw how power-hungry the Jedi were! He saved all our lives." Anakin glares at you, hands gripping the bars of your cell. He smiles suddenly and steps back. "You can't possibly believe they cared about you. After all, Obi-Wan left you behind for me to capture." Tears sting your eyes.

"That's not true. Dad--Dad--He didn't want to leave me!" Anakin laughs cruelly. It sounds cold and unnatural bouncing off the walls.

"Believe what you want to, Kenobi."

"What about Padme," you ask as Anakin turns to leave. He pauses, shoulders dropping. A dark, almost sad look crosses his face. "She was bearing your child."

"She's dead. And so is the baby." Your face softens at this news.

"I'm sorry." Anakin glares at you for a moment.

"No, you're not." He disappears, and you sigh to yourself.

"No, I'm not," you say to the room.

Over the next few weeks, Anakin and Sidious came to visit you in your cell and torture you, hoping to break you. They never did. You stayed strong. This went on for months, during which Sidious to remove the chains from your wrists and allow you to move through the cell.

This morning, Anakin comes down alone. You watch him carefully, bracing yourself for the pain you know is going to come. Anakin glares at you. "Relax. The Emperor is away." You tilt your head to the side. This is new.

"Why," you ask. Anakin gives you a dark look.

"He's dealing with something on Mustafar. What's it to you?" You shrug. Anakin sits down on the floor. You follow suit. You stare at each other in complete silence. Anakin clears his throat. "So... How have you been?"

"REALLY, Anakin? You have NO CLUE how I've been?" You shoot to your feet, anger coursing through you. 

"I was just trying to make conversation!" You stare at each other, then he starts giggling. You start laughing, too.

"Just like old times," you say, smiling at him. He grins back, staring into your eyes. Anakin stands up and kisses you through the bars of your cell. He blushes. You take a step back.

"Anakin, I--" Anakin gives you a bitter smile.

"I know, Kenobi." Tears well up in your eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"No, you're not."

A few months pass. Anakin continues to visit you at night. You haven't gotten over the fact that he betrayed you and your father, but you can't help falling for him. It sounds silly, but you honestly believe you're starting to turn him back to the light.

Today, he comes downstairs looking worried.

"(Y/N), promise me that, no matter what happens, you won't break." You frown.

"Anakin, why--"

"Just promise me!"

"O-okay, I promise." Anakin relaxes.

"Good. I'm going to get you out of here tonight. Be ready."

"Anakin--"

"Don't argue. It has to be tonight, do you understand?" You nod. Anakin kisses you quickly. "Good." He tenses and steps away from your cell. Then you see the Emperor walk up behind Anakin. He looks angry. 

"Tell me where your father is." You take a step back.

"I-I don't know." You feel your body lift off the ground and fly into the wall behind you. You see stars. Before you can get to your feet, your body is being dragged back to the bars.

"I'm not joking, child. Now, tell me where your father is!"

"I don't know!" You scream as pain floods your body.

"TELL ME WHERE HE IS!"

"J-Jakku!" Your body falls to the floor. You stifle a groan of pain.

"Good girl. Vader, stay and watch the prisoner." You watch Darth Sidious walk up the stairs. When he's gone, you curl up in a ball on the floor. You let out a heartbreaking sob. Anakin gently strokes your hair through the bars.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay. It's going to be okay, Kenobi."

"How," you sob. "How?"

"I'm going to get you out of here. Be ready tonight." Then he's gone. 

"(Y/N). (Y/N)." You slowly open your eyes. Your entire body aches.

"Anakin," you whisper.

"Yeah, it's me." You hear the door of your cell creak open. Your body protests as you struggle to stand. Anakin walks over to you and picks you up. "Everything's going to be okay, (Y/N). Just trust me, please." You nod. You watch the walls and the stairs of your prison pass by. Soon, you smell the night air and feel the wind blowing through your hair. The harsh lights of Coruscant burn your eyes, and you bury your face in Anakin's chest to get away from it.

Anakin places you gently in a speeder and climbs into the driver's seat. You drift off as Anakin flies off into the night.

"(Y/N)?" You open your eyes. Joy fills you.

"Dad!" You leap to your feet and throw your arms around his neck. Obi Wan Kenobi hugged you tightly. His beard scratched your forehead.

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" You look up into his eyes.

"Yeah, Dad. I'm okay."

You saw Anakin again, years later. You had watched Luke grow up. You were helping him rescue Leia. You watched Anakin kill your father. You locked eyes for a moment, then you left with Anakin, Han, and Leia. It was alright. You had known him. He had saved your life. But those days were over.

A/N: Hey, guys! Sorry this took so long to write. I've been really busy with band and life. I haven't gotten time to even go onto Wattpad in weeks. I'm glad to be back. Enjoy!

Love,

Tranquil Space Ninja