Fight At The Borders

~~O~~

"I knew it. I always felt something in you." Tauriel gently touching her cheek.

"What do you mean?" Mirialia confusingly asked.

"Elven blood flows in your veins. You are one of us as well. An elf-friend." The red-haired elf replied.

"No, it must be a mistake. I am a mortal, you see. I cannot be one of your kind." Mirialia shaking her head in disbelief, took a step back.

"Mellon nin, no mortal can live for nine hundred years. Your mother was a Sindar elf, just like our king." Tauriel said.

Tauriel explained to her what Gandalf had told the Elvenking the other day. How she was born, who were her parents, and how long she had been taken by the corsair lords.

She still tried to reason with her. "H-how come no one in the ship had told me anything... anything about this. If my mother was an elf, someone should have told me!"

Her voice started to crack.

"Simple." Tauriel answered back. "They do not want you to know. It is much better for you not knowing anything at all, for it will benefit them more."

After hearing it, Mirialia felt silent for a long time. Then, she remembered those days. Those days when she herself got curious of her age. She tried to ask some kitchen maids but they refuse to answer. Others were avoiding her question. When she finally went to Gideon, he told her that she was blessed. The reason why she was not aging. That she have brought great fortunes ever since she arrived on their ship.

~~O~~

"I must go to Rohan. Eomer and Eowyn must know this. Protect her, that is what I ask of you, Thranduil." Gandalf requested as he strode to Shadowfax and bade farewell.

The Elvenking and his son stood at the palace's gate, watching the wizard disappear from their view. Legolas suggested that he will keep an eye on the northern end of the forest where he sees the corsairs will be coming from. "Let all rivers and land be guarded." Thranduil ordered as he walked back inside.

~~O~~

"We must go in! The Lord is getting impatient." Maldek shouted angrily, as he drew his sword.

"Are you mad?" Malbim exclaimed, surprised at his comrade's outburst. "Going inside the Elvenking's land is like signing a death warrant to all of us!"

"The Lord has gone mad since that woman went out of the ship! You are telling me to abandon his orders out of cowardice?" Maldek asked with a furious look.

"I am only concern for the lives of our men. They will surely die if we go in there by force. I think you are the one who has gone mad, Maldek." Malbim defended.

Maldek narrowed his eyes, and pointed the sword at his comrade.

"You might be a captain but I am still higher than you. You will do what I ask you to do, we will get her. By force, if needed! We will send her to Lord Gideon, and she will pay for her treachery." he angrily said.

~~O~~

"Where is she?" Thranduil asked the elf standing a few feet away from him.

"In her chamber, my lord." Tauriel answered with a worried look.

"You have told her?" Thranduil said, swiveling his body to face her.

"Yes, but she did not take it quite as well as I had hoped." the other replied.

"She does not want to embrace who she is? Clearly, she has been corrupted." Thranduil commented coldly.

"She is trying to take everything in, my lord. Her heritage has been revealed to her in just one day, can you blame her if she feels that way?"