Homecoming

~~O~~

"What's with the apron?"

The first question Legolas asked as soon as he entered the kitchen. Eyeing his father from head to foot, he tried hard not to smile at him.

"Nothing." Thranduil muttered, quickly removing the apron from his body.

His son staring intently at the wooden oven, raised a brow. "Nothing? You are baking."

Thranduil shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms. "It has been a long time since I baked. You were an elfling back then."

Legolas slightly nodded, "You are changing, Father."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Thranduil asked, now looking at him.

"You are fond of her." Legolas commented.

"Who said I am?" The king said immediately, defending his actions.

Legolas stared back at him. "Right. Well, it's like what you always say, Father. Don't bother denying it."

The prince left him frowning. He knew Legolas could read him, no matter how he carefully hide his emotions.

~~O~~

The day finally came when Mirialia arrived in Rohan, she checked all the things she have brought with her. She smiled when she saw the gifts of Legolas and Tauriel for Eowyn. The chief guard Calen gave her an elvish blade, carved with elvish runes. The memory quickly flashed in her mind.

~~
"I think all is set and ready." he said, walking towards her followed by Gilroch.

"Yes. I hope you can come with me." Mirialia smiled sweetly.

The elf gently shook his head."I cannot leave the land unless I have the King's consent, my lady. But maybe next time."

Calen handed her something clothed in a green silk. "Carry this with you."

"What is this?" she asked curiously.

"It is for your protection. But I am hoping safe travel so you will never have to use it." Calen replied.

Mirialia unwrapped it and saw a short elvish blade, beautifully carved with elvish runes.

"This is beautiful. It's the first time I will be owning a weapon.Thank you, Calen." she said.

"I have seen Tauriel teaching you on how to wield a blade. Besides, you will be coming back. Am I right?"

"Of course! When I come back, will you teach me how to use the bow?"

"It will be my pleasure." Calen smiled and bowed to her.
~~

One of the guards greeted them at the gate of Edoras. "Welcome back, Lord Faramir and Lady Mirialia."

Together with Faramir, they headed toward the Halls of Meduseld where Eomer awaits them.

"My heart is rejoicing for your return, my lady!" the King of Rohan joyously exclaimed.

"It is so good to see you, my lord." she replied. "Thank you, for always having Lord Faramir to escort me."

"Do not mind it. Eowyn is very excited to see you." Eomer told her.

"Me too. I really want to see her again." she said.

"Well, my love is here." Faramir informed her.

"Where is she?" a female voice echoed outside the opened doors of the hall.

When the familiar figure stepped in, Mirialia could not help and ran towards her.