The Golden-Haired Elf

~~O~~

"Glorfindel!" The sylphs yelled in excitement as they flew quickly towards the elf to kiss him ten times or more on his cheeks.

"Little ones!" He laughed softly. They truly haven't change after all these years, he thought.

"Forgive us, my lord, but we couldn't help it. We haven't seen you for a long time." Cielo let go and flew in front of him.

The elf straightened up his posture and smiled before he spoke to the little creatures. "Yes, I have not seen you around too. How have you been doing, my friends?" His smile widened.

"Oh, we're doing great." Liath answered.

"Yes, I think most of you did." Glorfindel slightly agreed. "Except for one." He pointed his finger to the little fairy with broken wings, Fain.

"You were brave, little Fain. But I hope it will not happen again." He added. "Let's fix that."

His hand glowed with his light and hovered on Fain's wings. Suddenly, the fairy's wings grew back to normal.

"Oh! Thank you, my lord! Thank you!" Fain flew happily around the elf. "I will treasure this for the rest of my life."

Surprisingly, Mirialia couldn't help but smile. Not only by the fact that she was shocked to see how Fain was healed by him instantly, but the light that glowed around this elf made her feel comfortable...and happy. The sensation was different.

"Miriel?" His voice was like music to her ears.

"Huh?" Her thoughts were disturbed when she saw Glorfindel's hand waving in front of her face. He looked at her with concern eyes. "Are you well?"

"Oh, I'm fine." She began to wave her arms. "I'm just thinking...how.. Never mind." She dismissed the question.

"In time, you will learn the art of healing." He laughed softly. "Though you already did heal one, unknowingly."

Mirialia tilted her head in his statement, confusion seen on her face. Glorfindel moved towards her, both of them standing at the base of the tree.

"Forgive me, I was not able to introduce myself to you properly." He said. "My name is Glorfindel. I'm a friend of your father."

"My father." Mirialia whispered.

"But seeing you now, reminds me more of your mother." He added.

Suddenly, she felt his hand touched hers. His other hand gently touched the side of her forehead with the tips of his fingers.

"This is your mother." He spoke.

Images started to flash in her mind, her own eyes widened, her breath catching in her throat. She saw an elf maiden, running gracefully in a forest. Her long blonde hair swaying with the wind, her blue eyes were full of life. Her smile widened as she approached a young man.

"And your father." Glorfindel's voice echoed in her head.

The next image she saw was that of a young man. In his stature, he was in his late twenties with dark-brown hair. The elf happily hugged him, and he did so too.

Tears flowed down on her cheeks, she finally saw her parents. And they were happy, together. Glorfindel smiled and wiped her tears away with his thumb.

"That was my memory of them." He said. "Now, it's yours too."

Mirialia suddenly threw her arms around his waist, and burying her face on his chest. "Thank you."

She felt her companion wrap his arms loosely around her, one around her waist and the other across her upper back to cup the back of her head. Glorfindel ran his fingers through her hair lightly, rocking her gently in his embrace, not saying a word, just holding onto her tighter.

"Let me tell you a secret, Miriel." He whispered in her ear.

When she finally looked up, she met two vibrant pools of blue, gazing at her intently. The young woman held his stare, detailing his features.

"I have friends whom I would like you to meet." He said. "Your mother met them as well."

Mirialia slowly let go from his embrace, and looked at him. "But I cannot leave, the Elvenking will..."

The word "escape" repeated on her head, and the last time she did that, the result was not really good.

"Oh do not worry, young one." Glorfindel assured her. "King Thranduil will not know that we met here."

He placed his hand once again on her forehead. Mirialia closed her eyes; she could hear his voice gently speaking to her mind.

"Listen to me; meet me here again tomorrow at dawn. The Elvenking will never know of what we have talked about today and what we are about to do. He will not see into your mind nor read your thoughts. Remember, when the sun rises tomorrow, I will be here."

Opening her eyes, she turned around to look questioningly at the elf, only to find him gone.

"Where..."

~~O~~

Looking up at the cloudy sky, her favorite place has now become different from what she knew. It had only been a day, yet it felt like an eternity to her. The fact that she met Glorfindel, which remained a mysterious elf to her, she then wondered if any other elf has noticed his presence in the forest. So immersed in her thoughts and walking, Mirialia didn't notice the approaching figure.

"What are you doing all by yourself in the middle of the forest?"

Mirialia was jerked from her daydream by a deep voice and took a step back by precaution. Tingle rose all over her arms and neck at his words.

"I am just taking a walk, my lord." She answered nervously.

She bowed to him and lowered her eyes to the ground and started to walk past the elf king. His hand gripping her arm, however, stopped her. Following the arm to which the hand was attached and upward still, she met his cold blue eyes, pale as the sky. Her breath caught slightly in her throat, surprised at the intensity at which the elf stared at her.

Thranduil narrowed his eyes at her, holding her gaze for a longer period of time than what was socially comfortable. He took a step towards her, crowding her personal space and gently let go of her arm.

"You should go back inside, the sky is becoming overcast. It certainly will rain." He said.

Mirialia turned around, and continued to walk as she sighed silently in relief. While his behavior resembled that of an over eager, over aggressive suitor, something about him made her feel secured. She then remembered what Glorfindel can do, "What if the two met?" She asked herself worriedly. She knew what Thranduil was capable of doing, he could be dangerous.

Thranduil was still standing at the spot where he found Mirialia, there was something he could not figure out while he held her arm. "Why can't I see into her mind or read her thoughts?" He narrowed his eyes. "Something happened."

Shaking her head, it was truly foolish of her to think that the two elves will fight each other. Although, she knew that Glorfindel does not belong on this realm. He was a stranger. And strangers were not easily welcomed on Thranduil's land. As she continued to walk, a raindrop fell on her nose. The king was right, it will rain. She hurriedly ran back to the halls and went to her chamber. Sitting on her bed, she smiled while remembering the memory that the mysterious elf imparted to her. It was a treasure. It will always be a treasure.

"I guess there will be more memories tomorrow."

~~O~~

Thank you for reading!