The Start Of It All

~~O~~

At the moment, Mirialia was entirely alone in one small enclosed area of the forest, waiting as the rays of sun lights on her face. All around her, she could see the symbols of peace and beauty. The forest with blossoming flowers, the grassy valley outside were nothing if not breathtakingly beautiful. She worried just by thinking that all of these will become ruins once Grimmond expanded his tyranny.

Really, Mirialia figured, she should be too young to be in a situation like this. She should be back home with Thranduil, enjoying her time with Mirien, having a laugh with friends, like most young mothers her age. But she was a queen, not just a wife of the Elvenking. She was used to it by now, she could deal with it, but still there were times when she simply wanted to be alone. Do the things and making decisions on her own way.

Becoming a queen at less than a thousand years of age had been a tremendous accomplishment, and Mirialia was suitably proud of it. And she knew that the wood-elves took great interest in her doings and that she was very loved. She felt gratified by the warmth that people exhibited when they met her. Yet living so young as a royalty had its price.

Mostly, Thranduil do not want her to get involved with politics that much. Everyone else she knew well, like the Elders and some of her husband's advisers, were significantly older. They have encountered many battles, handled politics very well that Thranduil had been so proud of having them by his side in his kingdom. Sometimes, she thought there was no room for beginners like her.

But things will change now, and she will start it.

"My Queen?"

The voice was female, quiet, and surprisingly clear for its volume. Mirialia recognized it instantly, even before the speaker appeared in front of her.

"Lenneth. Is everything all right?"

"Oh yes, certainly." Mirialia noticed now that the older elf was excited, happy at the good news she was bringing.

"Lord Glorfindel has just arrived."

"What?" The queen jumped up, feeling excitement catch hold of her. "I never thought he will arrived sooner than I expected."

"So did I." Lenneth replied with a smile.

Mirialia grinned. "Well, Glorfindel is Glorfindel! Can we go see him straight away?"

Lenneth nodded.

"Well then, let's go."

~~O~~

"Oh Glorfindel. I am so happy to see you."

Mirialia embraced her great friend affectionately, then smiled up at him. "I had no idea you will arrive so soon."

Glorfindel smiled back at her. He was a tall elf, distinguished and poised, and with a decidedly aristocratic face. He was also the kindest elf Mirialia knew, and her role model when it comes to adventures.

"Well, partly because I know you like surprises, and partly because I did not want to get hung on some last-minute request. My departure from Grey Havens was not widely known or announced.

The queen nodded. "Of course."

She was not naive enough to ask why he was there. He would probably met the elves who plan to sail to Valinor. She knew that Elven communities were pretty tight with each other - except maybe Thranduil's realm - and Mirialia would have been honestly surprised if other Elven leaders were unaware about what happened to Carantheas.

"Fain said you wanted to see me as soon as possible. Is something wrong?" Glorfindel raised his eyebrows. "Yes. There has to be something wrong, or else you would not meet me here."