Epilogue -- Long Live

A Storyteller's POV

~~O~~

~~Three thousand five hundred years later~~

"And with that...the story ends."

I finally said while flipping the last page of the book.

"That was a great story." the little boy sitting in front of me stated.

"Truly." I agreed.

Putting the book at the table, I walked towards the window of our library and gaze outside. Carriages and merchants passes by, it is going to be a busy day.

"Wait," a sweet voice caught my attention. "That was it?"

Turning around, I smiled at the little brown-eyed girl with a confused look on her face.

"What happened to the elf prince?" she asked out loud.

"Well, it is quite obvious that he married Lady Lenneth and they lived here in Ithilien for a time." I answered.

The boy turned to the table and closed the book. He stared at me and sighed. "I wish the elves are still here with us."

"I wish for that too, dear one." I let out a sad smile. "But they already left Middle-earth."

"Hmm, I wonder," he rubbed his chin. "The Elvenking and his queen vowed to never leave the forest...What if they are still there?"

Prince Theodred looked at me and continued, "If most elves already sailed to the West, and King Thranduil, along with his kin stayed behind, what do you think happened to them?"

I fell silent for I do not know the answer, though I was amused of his curiosity. He grabbed the book and gave it to me. I held it tightly onto my chest. I, too want to know what happened to them. So, a thought came up in my mind.

"There's only one way to find out." I said to him.

As if little Theodred read my mind, he lifted his eyebrows and widely smiled.

"You will go to the Woodland Realm!"

"Since I will be paying a visit to the Woodmen, I might go and take a look at the northern part of Eryn Lasgalen." I winked at the two children.

The sweet girl Thea, Theodred's twin sister, jumped with joy and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Oh, can we go with you, dear cousin? Please, please, please!" she exclaimed.

I laughed softly and dropped to my knees so I could embrace her.

"I'm afraid you cannot go with me, little princess."

Thea pouted her lips. "But when will you come back?"

Stroking her hair gently, I smiled encouragingly. "I will be gone for a few months, but I will return."

"Will you tell us more stories when you return?" Theodred asked.

"Oh, definitely I will."

A woman called out at the door, "Lady Eryn, your company is waiting."

"I'll be right there." I replied.

Quickly putting the book in my bag, I hurriedly padded my way towards the gate. The royal twins followed behind. I placed a kiss on their cheeks and bid farewell.

A soldier bowed and opened the door of my carriage.

"It will be a long road, my lady." he said as I stepped in.