Thranduil's Anger

~~O~~

"Where are the sylphs when you need them?!" Mirialia called to them out loud.

A patrolling group of elves were already chasing them as they neared the end of the pass.

"Who are you calling?" Malbim asked.

"My friends. Just hang on!" she answered. "Liath!"

"We're here, my lady!" Liath and the others replied.

"Don't worry, we will take care of them!" Fain shouted.

"Run faster, Gilroch!" Mirialia urged her mount.

Seeing them almost reaching the end of the pass, the sylphs stopped at mid-air. "Here we go!" Liath said. "One!"

"Two!" Gwath followed.

"Three!" Cielo shouted.

They summoned a wind, strong enough to make the elves fell to their feet. Others covered their faces.

~~O~~

Finally, the two were able to get out of Northern Greenwood, and the sylphs followed them as they travel along the road.

They passed by the Fangorn Forest and admired its large trees. Along the way, they met a group of merchants going back to Rohan from the land of Dale. They immediately recognized Mirialia, and offered another horse for Malbim which he gladly took.

"When will you return to Rohan, my lady?" A man asked her.

"Soon. But for now, my friend needs a new home." Mirialia said, looking at her companion. "Can you help him?"

"Of course, my lady. Anything for you." the merchant bowed. "He will be welcomed at my house."

"Thank you." she said.

Mirialia walked towards Malbim, and gave him a letter. "You are going to Rohan, give this letter to King Eomer. Once he read it, he will understand." she whispered.

"But I thought you are coming with me." Malbim said worriedly.

"No. I will go back to the Woodland Realm." she answered.

"Lady Mirialia, you will face the Elvenking's anger. What we've done was unforgivable." the corsair gently held her hand.

"I am doing this for you. In exchange for your new life. I want you to live away from here." Mirialia said, gently touching his cheek.

"But you also need to be free."

"I am free. I am away from him."

Malbim held her hand and kissed it. "I owe you my life. Will I be seeing you again?"

"Of course... Now go with them." she smiled and nodded.

~~O~~

Mirialia watched them leave after bidding farewell. She was now left alone in the middle of a grassy valley. Taking a deep breath, she knew what will happen to her. She already imagined herself sleeping at Malbim's prison cell.

"Time to face the consequences of my actions." she said to herself.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" a small voice asked her.

"Yes, Fionn." Mirialia answered.

"Do you have any idea what will happen-" Fain added.

"Yes."

"Can we just think about this for-" Gwath asked.

"No." she said. "This is an act I have committed. I will not run away."

~~O~~

She rode with Gilroch and took the same path back to the Woodland Realm. Approaching the Elven gate, her heart started to beat fast upon seeing Legolas and the guards. She could clearly see the prince was worried... and angry.

"What have you done, Mirialia?" Legolas immediately said. "The king is furious, this is betrayal."

She did not meet his gaze. "But I only want to help my friend."

"Take her to the king. You will answer to him." the prince commanded.

~~O~~

Calen and the other guards escorted her to the halls. She saw Tauriel at the entrance of the palace and looking worriedly at her. When they neared the throne room, she already saw the elf king standing below his throne. Her hands started to feel cold.

Standing before him, Thranduil glared icily on her.

"Leave." he echoed.

"Father, she came back-" Legolas said but he was cut off.

"I said, leave." Thranduil said coldly. "Calen, stay here. The rest of you, go now."

The guards left, Legolas gave a last glance at Mirialia before leaving, while Calen stood beside a pillar.

The Elvenking stepped forward. "So this is how you repay me? With an act of treachery?" he said bitterly.

Mirialia kept silent. Her eyes and feet were glued to the ground.

"Where did you take him?" Thranduil asked.

Her body started to shiver but Mirialia nervously stood her ground.

"I will not tell you." she said in a low voice.

"Do not make me ask it again!" Thranduil said, raising his voice.

"I will not tell you. No matter how many times you ask it, I will not tell you anything." she exclaimed.

Thranduil's hands turned into fists, trying to suppress his rage. "You helped my prisoner escape. He is your captor!"

"He is just following orders, but he is my friend." her voice cracked.

"Friend. You call a corsair with a treacherous soul your friend." the Elvenking said.

Hearing those false words from him, Mirialia had enough. Still feared by what she did, she took some courage to look at him.

"What do you know about his soul? You don't know what kind of life he had on that ship. I would rather see myself imprisoned on his cell, than to see him suffer once again and this time, under your mercy!" she shouted.

"Enough." Thranduil noted sharply.

"Put me in your dungeon! You want to watch me suffer in a prison cell?! Then so be it! I no longer care!" Mirialia shouted louder.

"ENOUGH!" Thranduil thundered. "No one dares to speak to me in that tone!"

If voice could kill.

Mirialia nervously stared down, her whole body was shaking as he stood inches from her.

"You think you know me?" he said, leaning on her shoulder. "Then you will see what I am capable of doing."

He turned away from her, and walked back to his throne.

Calen offered that he will escort her to the dungeon.

"Who said she will be put in the dungeon?" Thranduil said. "There is but one place where she can never escape, and I will not lose sight of her."

There was a short silence while they waited for his answer.

The Elvenking looked down at her, "My chamber will be her prison. Take her there."

~~O~~

Thank you for reading!