The Maiden's Return

~~O~~

"My lady, you will be leaving earlier than we all expected. Thranduil won't be pleased." Eomer spoke while sitting on his throne.

"I know, my lord. But I can always go back here, right?" Mirialia said.

"Are you not happy here?" Eowyn asked. "I thought you love being with us."

"I do..I really do. It's just..." She sighed.

"It's about him, is it not?" Eowyn said, looking at her. "That book you were reading are about them, it seems like you do not wish to part from it."

"I will not lie, my lady. I want to see him again, I might have been harsh on him. I did not treat him well." she confessed, staring straight at Eowyn's eyes.

"Very well. If that is what your heart truly desires, we will let you go home. Take Gilroch with you, but the guards will have to escort you back to Thranduil's land. It is a promise I made to him." Eomer decided.

"Thank you, my lord. I promise I will visit again, and I will stay longer." Mirialia smiled sweetly.

"If I may, I wish to accompany the lady on her travel back home." Faramir requested.

"Granted. Summon the guards." Eomer ordered.

Faramir bowed and headed out of the throne room. Mirialia quickly ran back to her room, and gathered the things she will be bringing home. A kind smile flashed on her face while placing the book on her lap. "I will read you once again when I get back home."

"You look happy." the grey-haired sylph flew in front of her. "I'm seeing a bright smile."

"Liath." Mirialia said. "I'm going home today. I feel both nervous and excited, I suppose."

Liath blinked at her and flew nearer to her face. Mirialia lowered her gaze, the hair that covered her forehead now covered her eyes.

"Do you feel guilty for leaving Woodland Realm?" the sylph asked her.

"Well, maybe."

"Oh, come now. Don't mind me. Just forget that question." He dismissed their conversation with a wave of his little hand.

"Where are your friends?"

Mirialia was about to leave the room with her things when she heard a small scream coming from the window.

"My lady!" Cielo, the long black-haired sylph called out to her.

"Cielo, where have you been?" she asked.

"Oh, me and Fionn were just downstairs. Lord Faramir is so handsome!" Cielo pitched. "I wish I can marry him."

Mirialia chuckled. "Indeed he is, but you cannot marry him."

"No, you cannot marry him, Cielo." Liath said. "He already pledged himself to Lady Eowyn."

Cielo pouted and crossed her arms.

"Well, the Elvenking is more handsome." Fionn said shyly.

"Of course! He is an elf king!" Cielo exclaimed.

"It's time for us to leave. Lord Faramir might already be looking for us, I mean for me."

~~O~~

As she headed to the front gate, a group of children gave her flowers and bade farewell. Eowyn gave her a pearl necklace as a parting gift.

"Carry this with you, it will bring you good luck." she said.

"Thank you, my lady." Mirialia embraced her tightly. "I will see you again."