Divine Intervention

~~O~~

"No." Thranduil's voice cracked.

"She is not answering to my call, my lord." Gandalf said. "She does not answer to Elrond either."

The Elvenking looked at Elrond worriedly, "The one you showed me, you said it is the only future that you're seeing."

"Yes, it is." Elrond agreed. "But it is now starting to fade."

"She's not breathing, Gimli." Legolas frantically said. "She's not breathing."

The Woodland prince held Mirialia in his arms. "Please don't give up. Mirialia, don't give up. We need you. My father needs you."

He placed his hand on her head, and whispered Elvish words on her ear. Tears started to form on his eyes, he could not sense her. No heartbeat, no pulse.

"Legolas!" Thranduil called out to him as he entered the room.

"Father."

Thranduil carried the maiden in his arms, he was the one who whispered next. "Listen to me. Listen to my voice." But he received no response either.

"We have to get out, the ship is sinking." Gandalf told them.

Mirialia was taken at the Houses of Healing in Rohan, where Aragorn and Arwen awaited them.

Eowyn found Gimli, and ran towards him. "Where is she?"

"Lady Eowyn, the maiden." the dwarf answered sadly. "She's dead."

"No!" Eowyn screamed. She fell on her knees and cried hard.

Arwen ran her hand on top of Mirialia's face, while Gandalf closed his eyes, placing his hand on the top of her head.

"She's not dead." Arwen said. "But I could not sense her. Her spirit lies somewhere..."

"Somewhere between light and dark." Gandalf followed.

"We must take her to my father. He may find a way." Arwen suggested.

Gandalf summoned a company of eagles led by Gwaihir, and they traveled to Rivendell.

Once they arrived, Elrond started the healing. Books were piled up beside him. His chanting could be heard outside the healing room.

Still no response.

"Why?" Elrond asked. "Why do you not want to answer?"

"Pain. Suffering. Sadness." Elrond said. "It succumbed her heart."

"She's losing the will to live, Thranduil." he added.

"No. I will not let Mandos take her!" the Elvenking almost shouted.

~~O~~

She felt so light. Lighter than before. Mirialia felt like she was floating. She wished it could stay like that.

No weight.

No heavy burden.

She tried opening her eyes, but she can only see darkness.

Everything is dark.

Everything is silent.

"Is this going to be my world then?" she asked herself. She closed her eyes weakly and tried to move but she felt numb.

Suddenly, a grim figure appeared above her head. It floated and touched her shoulder. The figure wore a dark cloak, and spoke a language she could not understand.

"Should I take her?" he spoke.

A white light suddenly shone in brilliance and another figure appeared before it. This time, the figure wore a blue robe and held a scepter of sapphire on his right hand.

"No. Not yet." he answered.

"She already suffered too much. Pain struck her fully." the grim figure said. "If I take her now, I will cleanse her spirit and purify her soul. She will then have a chance to reunite with her mother in Valinor."

"I understand." the one with the blue robe said. "However, the people who loved her in Middle Earth will live in sadness and regret. Is that what you would like to happen, Mandos?"

The grim figure sighed heavily. "They will mourn, then they will move on."

"But not him." the other replied.

"That stubborn elf king." the Doomsman said.

"Let us give her a new light. Let her be with him." the other suggested.

Mandos looked at him with disbelief, "The first and last time we permitted an elf to remarry, it ended in chaos. Are you telling me that we are going to allow it again, Manwë?"

"I do not think it will end up the same way this time, my old friend." Manwë defended. "This maiden healed Thranduil. She deserves to be loved."

"Peace has been brought upon Middle Earth, Mandos." a female voice suddenly spoke. "They can live together."

Another white light appeared and a female figure stepped in.

Manwë smiled upon seeing her. "You agree with me, my wife."

"I saw Thranduil's mind. He cannot deny his love for this maiden." Varda said.

"We will give her a new light then." Manwë decided.

"However," his wife worried. "even if we give her a new light, darkness still lies in her heart."

"Thranduil will find a way." Manwë assured her. "I know he will."

Varda smiled at him and placed her hand on Mirialia's forehead. The Elder King did the same, while Mandos released her shoulder.

"I'm seeing a small dot of light in her heart." Manwë said, looking at Mirialia.

"Her innocence. That's what is left of her." Varda said.

The two white lights of the Valar shone brightly on her, as it traveled on her entire body.

~~O~~

"No!" Thranduil said, placing his hand one last time on the maiden's head. "I will not let you go there. You will hear my voice. You will hear me."

"Gilthoniel, please don't take her away from us. We need her." Legolas prayed.

Suddenly, everyone in the room stared at Thranduil. Their eyes widened, all of them were dumbfounded as the Elvenking released his own light and brightly illuminated the entire healing room of Rivendell.

~~O~~

Thank you for reading!