■ [4/20] Midnight Greetings

Midnight In Huntsville

-FOUR-

All Rights Reserved

    TWO DAYS LATER...

The scent of Peach and Herb filled the atmosphere as he slowly climb out of the black SUV. Cade rush to his aid, taking his duffel bag from his grip. "I'm fine Cade," he sputtered as a pain surge through his body. He stiffen as he landed on the charcoal pavement, as the sound of the door opening a few feets away from us.

            Three guys along with two women step out onto the patio. The pack house was just as he remember, it was huge wooden building with four huge windows on the second four and three windows on the third floor. "Welcome Alpha Alec," A stout guy step out of the hurdle of them all.

"Thank you," He straightening himself as he took The Beta hand and shook it firmly.

"You guys are so huge," The girl to left blurted out as she stare up at us.

"I'm Griffin, Beta of the Pack." The guy introduce himself.

"Where's your Alpha?" Alec asked gripping onto Cade's shoulder, earning a look from the other pack members. "He's out dealing with another matter," Griffin replied.

"More like pining for a girl who doesn't want him," The girl with strawberry blonde air muttered as she folded her arm across her chest. Earning a glare from Griffin, who gave them all a smile. 

          "I'm sorry for the Absent of the Alpha, But one of our pack members shift two days ago, almost colliding to death and his help was needed." Griffin Apologizes.

"Why do I get the sense that the Alpha that called us was Beta Griffin" Cade muttered under his breath.

"I understand." Alec cringe as another pain surge through his body.

           "Are you okay sir?" One of the guys asked.

"Yes, he just need to lie down and rest before he deals with any business." Derrick stated as he help Alec to stay up straight. "Okay, Rose and Kirk will show you to the guest house." Griffin uttered as the boy and a blonde hair girl turn leading us away from the pack house into the direction of another building that was to the right.

       After they left us to settle in, Alec collapsed on the huge bed. "I'll go check on the territory and you get some rest mister." Cade stated

"Um guys" he called out in pain. " can you check if a Presley Bennett still live here?" he asked.

"Why?" Derrick asked earning a slap to the back of my head.

"We'll see, Plus were going to school tomorrow, probably she'll be around." Cade said as he watch Alec pulled the blanket up on his body before slipping in a deep slumber.

               Alec rolled over, fluttering his eyes open as a gush of wind rush over him.  He fully open his eyes to realized he was back at the lake. The atmosphere was chilly against his skin, she slowly got up .The white wolf was there again, but this time with blood on it's fur as it lay on the bank of the lake that seems to glisten silver. He walked slowly towards the wolf when it turns it's head towards him. 

      "Are you OK?" he asked out loud, running his gaze over the amount of blood that covered it's fur. For a female wolf she was huge, he hinge legs lay carelessly as she stood on her stomach. But her eyes held him, something flicker in them and the atmosphere becomes warm.

"Your healing," A sweet familiar voice  drift into his mind.

"Why aren't you?" he asked looking at the blood dripping through it's thick fur.

            "I'll be fine, You just need to find me on the other side." she said.

"The Other side?" Alec asked out loud.

"Find my other half..." she said as she was pulled into the lake . He rushed to the bank and skid kicking gavel into the body of water as those familiar eyes appear in hue. 

         It was her eyes again.

Presley Bennett.

       "ALEC!" Cade voice shake him awake. 

"Yes, Your freezing cold." he told him as he drop a blanket on his shivering body. He grab the blanket and tighten it around his form as his teeth hit against each  other.  "Did you guys find Presley Bennett?" he asked.

"No we only check out the territory, Maybe we'll find her at school tomorrow."he stated.

"How you feeling?" Cade asked.

"Drowsy, And hungry." he groan sleepy.

"I brought you some soup the cook made. She said it's your favorite." Cade said as the scent of pumpkin flare into his nose. "Della always make the best Pumpkin soup," he smiled as he try to sit up wrapping the blanket around his body.

"Have you seen the Alpha yet?" he asked taking the tray from Cade.

"No but I met his Luna. She's grumpy but she appreciates us been here." said picking up a file from the side table. 

"The Alpha is an asshole," Derrick storm into his room.

"He better be glad I wasn't the one meeting him." Cade said out loud as he slam the door shut.

 A soft knock sounded on the door.

"Alpha Alec," Griffin the Beta voice sounded as Derrick push the door open.

"You better not here to apologies for that asshole." Derrick snap.

"Are you the Beta or his lap dog?" Cade asked angry.

"Guys," Alec sounded from the bed.

  Alec know how much of a douche bag Sean is and he wouldn't put it pass Griffin to always fixing his messes. Sean was his rival and enemy ever since they met Presley couple  years ago. He was the main reason why he left Huntsville, He demand the council to take him off his territory, But due to his status and becoming a royal Shadow warrior. He was licence to and permitted to visit any territory in need of help or have requested their help.

      "Were here to help the pack not cause another bad blood." he eye his friend. Derrick reluctantly step back from the door. "I would like a schedule meeting with the Luna and Alpha himself tomorrow morning." he told Griffin.

"I'll let them know,"Griffin bow his head towards them. 

     "And Griffin," he called out to him, who was slightly turn to leave.

"Stop kissing Sean ass." He told him firmly. He nodded and step away as Derrick wave to him before shutting the door. "Well said," Cade smirk as  they got closer to discuss business as Cade upon a complaint report.