■ [10/20] Midnight Shadow

Midnight Memories
TEN
All Rights Reserved

ALEC

"I NEED TO GO, MEET ME AT GLOOMY CAFE AT NOON," Alexander Vane told him as three guys step out of the darkness of the forest and stare directly at us.

"Can't you stay a bit," Alec asked out, staring at his brother. Deep within he could feel their connecting but something was blocking him from embracing him. He always wondered if he had any family and what happened to them. "I have said and done enough, I don't want to make you a target. Just stay at the cabin tonight." He pleaded in a very concerning tone. Their eyes connected and he nodded as he nodded to Cayden and Derrick before joining the three guys at the edge of the woods.

"Do we tell Master Houston of our development?" Cayden asked.

"No, I want to do a little investigation. I saw Sean heading out into the woods a couple of nights ago after Presley fell asleep and I want to see what he's up to. I think he knows something, It consists of way more than stalking Presley." He stated firmly.

"Fine we'll go together but let's get some rest," Alec announced rubbing his head vigorously as he shakes his head.

"I'm glad I send my daughter home. This seems way too much to have my little girl around." Cayden voice in relief tone.

"Do you think I should send Annie and Caleb back to the ranch? At least they'll be safe and I wouldn't have to worry about them so much." Derrick questions out loud to his friends.
"That's a discussion for you and your mate. Don't you think?" Cayden asked. He nodded and they both bid their goodnights and went on the path that leads directly back to the packhouse huts.

HE steps into Presley room to find her mother watching her asleep. She looks up to see him, Slowly she got up tightening the blanket around her body as she vacated the room.

Feeling another headache he kicks off his shoes, stripping himself of his T-Shirt and climb into the bed, She Probably sense him as she curls into him. Feeling her warmth he kisses her forehead and she groans sleepily into his body.

Before shutting his eyes to sleep he hears shallow shaky breathing. He opens his eyes but he saw nothing in the darkness. Hearing the shallow breathing again as a sudden gush of hot air breathing onto them. He squints his eyes to the edge of the bed see a huge beast standing by their foot. He watches as it slowly walks to the Presley side of the bed, His body tense. as he watches the beast trying to touch her but his claws went through her. The shock he tightens his grip onto her. Their eyes connected and he evaporated into darkness. Feeling another headache kicks in and sudden tiredness shocks his entire body he hugs Presley and fell asleep.

"You stayed over?" He heard Presley asked as she wiggles up to stare into his sleepy face. He nodded as he groans and stretches out his body.

"And what did mom say?" She asked.

"Nothing, she left as soon as I came in," he told her. "How did you sleep?" He asked remembering what he saw last night.

"Like a baby," she smiled up at him.

"What's wrong?" She asked, sitting up in the bed. "You're looking at me like how you would when you have a nightmare," Presley told him.

"He didn't have a nightmare. He saw a Chaotic Rogue last night while you sleep." Her Uncle walks into the room with a tray of two mugs.

"You saw it too?" He asked sitting up. "What did it do?" She asked.

"It tried touching you but he can't." Her Uncle answered.