■ (20/20) Midnight Loss

Midnight In Huntsville
Twenty Part 2
ALEC

       HE stops ABRUPTLY, the dirt skidding under his booth as they were surrounded with rogues. Anna slouches on her front legs growling at the wolves surrounding them. Alec mirrored her movement as they circled them both.
    One of the rogue’s lounges at them, but a spear landed directly in his forehead causing him to skid to the ground. Anna let out a ferocious growl and suddenly they were surrounded by wolves with silver eyes. The sound of twigs snapping caught his ears, he looks up to see a woman dress in a Burgundy leather suit. She jumps down to Anna's left and looks over at them. It was the orange streak within her hair that sparkles with a smoky mist that causes something familiar to flip inside his mind.

     Where does he remember her from?

“Hello Alpha, It’s great to see you again.” She spoke as she runs her hands within Anna's thick fur.

    She was the woman he met at the café a month ago. Anna looks up at her and then collapsed twitching uncontrollably just as he was about to reach out to her, a cold shocking pain vibrated through his body. He grips his chest gasping for breath, he looks over at Anna to see Presley brown hazel eyes losing it color.

   “Presley,” he breaths out as the pain intensifies causing his Lycan to scrapes against his skin. Blood stream out of his nails as he started to shift. He looks over to see that Anna was not moving. He let out midnight howl causing the fire deep within his gut to exploded. The sound of snares and growl filled the atmosphere as Ramada sprints towards him.

      The pain was unbearable, it was like his heart was burning from his inside creating a hole, where his heart would be.

“PRESLEY!” he growled up at the moon.  His eyes blurring and turning over in its socket.

     His entire body shakes with fear as he grips the soil. Out of his vision, he watches as feets heads towards him, but before they could touch him, vines appear out of the air pulling them back.

        Screams and shouts echoes loudly to him as he tries to stand up, fire speeding up his body. He turns his head to the side to see that Anna was shivering with a ball of fire surrounding her.

He looks down to see fire swaying around his hands as Ramada stood a few steps glistening with a white mist around her, the rod the held in hand sparked with the same white flare. Cayden and Derrick stood beside him a few feet away staring at his body that was now giving off heat, but it was the orange streak within their eyes, that frightening him.

     The sound of someone walking towards them alerted them, they look ahead and watches as shadowy wolf figure strolls towards them, heading straight towards Anna and disappearing within the ball of fire.

      “What was that?” Cayden asked.
“That’s the part of Anna that Vennox ripped from Anna when he tried to rip her from Presley,” Randa answered.
     “How is that possible?”

“The Queen Of Shadow Forest is about to reign,” Ramada told them as the wolves he saw that night at the lake emerge from the shadows barricading them them from the rogues that stood snaring and growling at them.

     Within a few seconds Anna spurt up and step out of his ball of fire. She looks at them and turn as she turn and sprints of into the darkness of the forest, he was about to go after but they stop him. “Look,” Cayden told him, he watch as a white light emerge from her fur and illuminate the path she was running towards. The sound of her howl shakes the ground and he watches as the wolves surrounded them, set in formation and they all sprint in her direction.
        “Do you guys feel that?” Sean looked towards him.

“It’s the forest shifting,” he told them. Alec felt the earth move beneath his paw as the scent of soil and pine emerge to surface. He looks up and it was like a veil slides open and he could see clearly into the night. The sound of vines moving against each other as well as a cold mist of air whip across into the air. He look behind him to see the pack of Wolves standing behind Sean, ready to attack, while another pack stood a far glaring at them but it was split in half. The other half was behind Presley’s grandmother, the anger that’s radiate from them was so strong, their looks alone was enough to cause the other to cucumber to fear.

“I haven’t felt this since that night,” Ramada spoke out.
    “lets go,” he blurted out as the sound of bones shifting and cracking filled the atmosphere and they sprint ahead.

    Alec sprint ahead feeling the night air against his fur, it was a cool gush of wind. He stops abruptly when he saw Anna face to face with a huge black wolf with red eyes. “Who is that?” Alec asked starring at Ramada.

    “It's her grandmother, she’s the one controlling the rogues.” Sean told him, Alec was taken back.
“She doesn’t want Presley ruling the Shadow wolves.” Ramada.

     “She was the one sends  for Violet because she knows that  Presley's mom doesn’t like Violet and she’s the only one strong enough to get rid of her while Presley is around.” Ramada.
   “if my memory serves me right wasn’t it Presley who cleaned her memory of her Uncle.” Sean asked, as he looks over towards them.

“Aren’t grandmothers supposed to be sweet yet annoying?” Cayden asked. Derrick flash him an unpleasant look, which state his sarcastic remarks wasn’t right at the moment.
    It wasn't until Vennox strolls from the rogues and step into an an alliance with her grandmother, Alec felt something bad stir within his gut. Ramada wolf steps forward standing beside Anna.

    Ramada wolf looks over at them, causing fear to emerge into the atmosphere.

“what’s wrong?” Alec asked.

“That’s Anna Shadow,” Sean blurted out as he morphs into his wolf to protect Ramada’s wolf as she collapsed and he caught her.

     Presley’s grandmother grabs hold of Anna’s wolf, just as she did he could feel his throat tightening. “They say to  kill someone, kill the one they love.” She growls.

“How foolish of her to leave you both Vulnerable on a night light this.tigtigtightensr grip around Anna’s shadow as the sound of skin ripping and wolves breaking out into war. The scent of blood filled the atmosphere as Alec felt his eyes getting blurry. Vennox touches her hand and that’s when the pain got unbearable and he felt everything within him collapsed.

     “PRESLEY!” He growled up at the moon within seconds the sound of leaves rustling and vines moving filled the air. The scent of something burning rises and he felt him inside twirling as a bright flame of fire blasted through the atmosphere and someone landed in the centre.  The light was too blinding, as he felt someone touches his shoulder bear, upon doing so he collapsed to his knees, bones hitting against each other as the sound of flesh ripping became so loud, he sinks his toes deep into the earth.

       “Now Anna!” Presley's voice echoes through the air. It wasn’t until Anna was sprinting towards them her eyes as black as midnight her fur sparkling with black silver liquid. “Alec look out!” Ramada shouted he turn to see Presley’s grandmother lounging after her with a dagger. Before she could attack Cayden kicked her into another direction, causing her to land in a grove of trees that started to wrap themselves around her.

     “Are you doing this?” Derrick asked.

“No, she is, ”Alec looked up to the darkness of the fire to see a woman dress in a dark dress cloak, fire simmering at the hem of her dress. She looks up her eyes as black as coal her hair swaying to the midnight air.

   “Presley, ”Sean called out, he reaches out to touch her but she evaporated.
“She’s alive, ”Ramada grasps out as they sprint ahead, with Vennox ahead but he disappears into the darkness. He morphs into his wolf and sprint but slows down when Anna caught up with him. It was like something awoke within him. He stops and pushes himself onto her feeling her fur and her body align with his.

     “We need to save Amber, ”He hears Presley mindlink before Anna took off than he did.