■[8/20] Midnight Hunt

Midnight in Huntsville
EIGHT
All Rights Reserved

-PRESLEY-

"HOW ARE YOU FEELING?" Her mother asked, stepping into her bedroom. Presley stood at the long Mirror starring at her decided outfit.

"A bit drain but I wouldn't miss my party." She answered starring at the half-moon golden necklace around her necklace. It went perfect with her gold and white dress which she had designed for herself. It was a sher spaghetti dress with fine gold polka dot all over it, the inside was made of cotton she brings off the with the gold wedge she borrowed out of her mother's closet.

"You look beautiful P," she cups her face with wet eyes. "Thanks, Mom," she answered still touching the necklace. "It's beautiful," she touches the necklace to caressing it as if she remembers seeing Dad making it.

"I wonder where he would hide the other half of this pendant?" She asked, out loud.

"You'll figure it out sweetie," She kisses her forehead.

     "Mom," she called out as she reaches for her gold hairband. It was a fine string with leafy patterns attach to give her that gives it an outside goddess look. "Did you ever met Dad side of the family?" She asked starring at her mom.

"Only once and it was at our wedding." She answered honestly, starring at the hairband.

"Why only once, didn't they like you?" She asked.

"Not everyone was fond of your father mating with a non-shadow wolf. Especially with the Pack that I was from." She answered.

According to my mother, she grows up in a ruthless pack name Blackfriars that hated the shadow wolves. She was the daughter of an omega who had gotten pregnant by the Beta of the pack. It was terrible for her living in that pack because they did everything to let her grandmother not have her so after she was born and reach a strong age, Her grandmother told her to run and never look. It was a couple of years later her grandparents were murdered by the Alpha and a hunt was set worldwide for her. It wasn't until she landed in Huntsville diving inside the lake to get away from a chaotic that she met her father. Upon till this day, they are questioning how she got into the lake.

This mysterious lake that I don't remember seeing. All I could remember was that I shift in it. I could remember it's temperature, the way the ripples upon the surface as I breaths normally bellow the surface and most importantly how I felt a wolf upon my body as I howl in pain.

"Today isn't the day to think about Family History. Tonight you'll enjoy your birthday." Her mother heads her family causing her to stare at her directly in the eyes.

"Just promise me you'll enjoy yourself." She pleaded, Presley, nodded.

"Of course she will." Her Uncle walks into the room with a gold box.

"Happy birthday," He hands her the box.

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

"Open it," He told her with a grin. She lifted the cover and inside stood a simple gold rod with a black line wrap around it. "I saw my father with something like this when I was a little girl. I was so fascinated by it." She smiled.

"It was his, I just made a few modifications to suit you." He told her as she runs her finger on the black line wraps around the rod.

"Because every shadow wolf chooses its weapon like it to choose its mate." He told her.

"Ramada, Your Beta will show you how to use it. But as an Alpha, they are special ways to advance your rod and become one with it." He told.

"Advance my rod?" She asked.