■ [6/20] Midnight Comeback #1

SIX| ALEC

             "IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU UP AND MOVING," Cayden greeted him as he walks into the kitchen. Alec was seated on the Island hovering over a cup of Peppermint tea and few crackers, that he had managed to find a packet stock away in the cupboard behind him.

"How are the wounds?" Cayden question as he reaches for a black mug that was turned down in the drainer. "They are healing and not hurting that much as yesterday," Alec answered, he sips his tea.

"Do you think you're strong enough to run with us later?" Cayden asked.

"I don't think my body is strong enough to shift but I could follow on foot." he offered as a young girl walked in with two baskets of eggs. "Let me help you," Cayden said as he took the basket from the girl looking no older than fifteen. Alec watched as the little girl trembles as Cayden help her. It was five in the morning what was she doing up at this time in the morning. 

"Good morning, What are you doing up at this time, little one?" Alec asked as Cayden slip the basket of egg onto the island. She was in a sweatpant with a matching hoodie, her unruly jet black hair was pulled up in a low ponytail. 

"Good morning," she muttered in a low reply as she stares at the ground.

"We don't bite," Cayden told her as he took the other basket from her hand as Derrick storm in on full alert starring at her, the little girl before us tense as she hung her head low. "Annie," a little boy with the exact color hair as the girl wobbled in with a baby bottle.

"Annie," Derrick called her name and for the first time, the little girl looks up at Derrick.

"I am sorry, I have to get breakfast ready," She muttered.

"Hell no, Your no older than my daughter, there's no way we're going to make Derrick mate make breakfast."Alec spurt up from his stool as Derrick pick up the little boy, who wraps his small hands around his neck.

"Te -ee " She little boy sputtered starring at Annie.

"I have to get breakfast ready," Annie sputtered.

"Hell no, you are going to sit there while we give you the best breakfast," Alec said as Cayden reach for two other mugs as his daughter walked in. "Morning Daddy, What's for breakfast?"She questioned as she climbs onto the island as Cayden turn and kiss her on the forehead.

"Annie here is going to tell us because she's Derrick mate," he told her.

      We all sat alone at the table having pancakes, with bacon and scrambled egg when Sean and his friends walked. "Where is breakfast?" He hollered in his Alpha tone as Annie tense beside Derrick as she held onto her baby brother Aaron.

"I am hungry," one of the girl whine.

"I am sure you have two hands," Cayden muttered as Derrick clench his fist. "Deep breath Derrick, let us handle this," Alec warned Derrick. 

"She's the omega she does what we tell her," She girl smiled at us, Derrick clench his fist as he shifts his gaze to Annie.

"Annie more please," The little boy pouted as she looks up at his sister, holding up his bottle towards her. Annie spurts up taking her bottle as Sean step towards her. "I fucking Dare you to touch her," Derrick snaps at him causing Alec and Cayden to spurt up beside him as Amelia held onto Aaron. 

"Go ahead," Cayden told her, Annie cautiously walked towards the stove, she touches the pot with the back of her hand before she pours the liquid into her brother's bottle with trembling hands.

"From now, She stays with us, both of them and if any of you dare utter a word or lay a hand on any of them I'll fucking rip you apart." Derrick snaps at them as he walked towards her taking the bottle from her shaking hands as he cork it and test the warm before taking Aaron from Amelia and handing him his bottle. 

          We all hustle out of the kitchen into the hallway when a loud commotion sounded and one of the girls screamed out. It wasn' until we were all fully dressed that we huddle into the car and head towards the school that he has been dying to attend since he has been stuck in the packed house since he got there to let his body heal. 

             "It's so weird to see Derrick all soft and in love," Cayden told him as they step into the hallway of Huntsville High. "Really I see it every day with you," He chuckled. 

"Being a father is different," He inquired as we watch Derrick follow Annie towards her locker. A lot of vacant eyes started to follow us as we head towards her locker. It was like all the attention was fixated on her and us especially the part where were all three huge guys hovering over Annie. 

                ALEC settles at the desk as a sweet lavender vanilla scent hit him straight to his gut. His inside shivers as he feels his Lycan scrapping at his skin. It smells familiar and he loves the scent. "You smell that?" He asked Cayden who was sitting on his right watching Derrick and Annie he was intrigued at how awkward and adorable they were.

"Smell what?" he asked.

"That scent, " he told him.

"No I am just smelling an awful lot of a rose scented Cologne, " he answered as a girl with curly hair walked in followed by Sean and the girl who has been haunting him in his sleep.

     It was Presley Bennett. His inside vibrates as he feels her aura from where she stood. The girl that came in first tugged at her arm as she pointed towards us. Our eyes connected and my wolf blurted out Mate.

     I could sense she recognized me as she storms over towards them. Just before he could utter a word. Her small hand landed across his face sending an electric spark straight into our bodies. He could feel she felt it because she stares at me as Cayden and Derrick came to his defense.

   "It's okay guys," he said as he stares at Presley breathing getting uneven as she stares back at him. Her flowing brunette was pulled into a slack ponytail, her chocolate marble eyes glisten with shock, a bit of anger and a hint of happiness as she stares at him.

"H-h-hi Presley, " he stuttered.

"Don't give me that stupid smile Alec," She snaps in that beautiful tone he misses.

"You could slap me again if you like," Alec stated, holding out his face towards her.

"That twinkle in your nose tells me your still upset with me. I get it, I deserved it," he told her honestly.

"That's true, but I'm on doctors order not to do anything to physical to open my wounds, " she told him. Causing Alec to pulled her towards him as he lifted her blouse to see the exact marks he had on his body which seems to be more deeply than his.

"Where did you get those?" he asked running his hands on the wounds, as he sat on the desktop. "In my sleep," she answers with a smirk.

"P this isn't a joke," he said in a more serious tone.

     "I'm fine," She shoved at his hand but he grabs her by her slender hips as she stares at him. He hesitates whether to question her but she gave him that look that state 'We might talk about it later'. Without a word, she collides herself into him wrapping her arms around his neck. He automatically wraps his arms around her small waist as he inhales her beautiful scent of Lavender. 

     "God, you smell so good," he breaths onto her neck causing her to shiver within his arm.

"Really?" she asked with furrowed brows. The rose scent was making her nauseous and disgusted.

"Yea," he uttered as he presses his lips to her naked skin.

                   "I am smelling rose," Cayden pipes in with a grin causing them to pull away.

"Why do I smell something different from him?" Cayden question.

"My Uncle thinks it's best to hide my scent since I shift." She told them both.

"Why?" Alec questioned.

"That's a story for another time," she stares at Alec as Cayden eyes her.

            "I'm still here," A female voice blurted out from behind her. We both turn to look at Amber. She was still girl who craves attention. When did they become friends?.