Sneaking Out

Fan Cover by @Amberflame123

Ella's pov:

Have you ever felt like a piece of your life is missing?

That you feel you need this to find happiness?

Well, mine was taken away from me.

And that...

Is my phone.

I groan loudly as I lay back on my bedroom floor.

It's been only two hours since that meaningless meeting and I haven't gotten my phone back.

Now I know what you are thinking, 'Ella, can't you just do this thing called go outside?'

Well yes, yes I can.

But that involves standing and that's too much effort for one day.

Plus, I have been in my backyard so many times I lost count.

Like I said, my parents don't like me and my sister out of the house a lot because, and I quote, 'It's so dangerous, you can get hurt and bla bla bla.'

And the worst part is that I got my license a week ago and I can't even use it because of these rules.

What's the point of a license if you're not even allowed to drive?

The only time I got to go behind the wheel was when I was learning how to.

I hear a knock at my door and I look over to see Ally walk in.

"Are you okay?" She asks sitting next to me while I am laying back on the floor.

"Not really," I say sitting up.

She gives me a look to continue.

"Don't you wonder what it's like to not be stuck in the house all the time?"

"No, not really." She says shrugging her shoulders.

"You don't?" I question her.

"I am comfortable here. Our lives are pretty easy here, you don't get that sort of thing out in the world."

"Or you just don't want to give up your lavish lifestyle." I tease.

She laughs, "A lavish lifestyle isn't everything you know. Plus, it's not like we are actually trapped here. Mom takes us out quite often nowadays. We went out three times last week with her when we went to dinner with the Marcus family. That was fun."

"Fun? You mean to say incredibly boring. Don't you even wonder what it's like to be out on our own, getting to drive around wherever we please?"

"But mom and dad said.."

"But mom and dad think it's dangerous when you lift a butter knife," I say lifting an eyebrow at her.

"Well, it's technically a knife-.."

"Butter knife." I cut her off and stand up.

I peek through my open door and look down the long hallway to see Mom talking to one of the maids.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhhh," I whisper to her, I try to listen to their conversation but they were too far away.

That was until I feel my arm being yanked back and my door is shut.

I look at Ally who was now standing in front of me with her arms crossed across her chest.

"What?"

"Why have you been acting like this lately?"

"Acting like what?" But I knew she could see right through me.