Because Of Her

Luke's pov:

"I was thinking after we go to the movie's, we could go out and get ice cream." Fawn smiles at me from the passenger seat of my car.

I give her a small nod as I focus on the road ahead of me.

Even though the guys wanted to hang out tonight, I don't think they would mind if I am only a couple of minutes late.

"Why just a nod, did you have plans I should know about?" Fawn asks.

"Well, the guys wanted to hangout tonight, but they won't mind if I'm a little late." I say back.

It has been a week since Fawn and I have started dating, and I guess it's been going pretty good.

I mean from past experiences, at least she knows how to wear a proper outfit and not buy clothes 24/7.

She was the only girl who really cared about me.

But what about her.

Ella.

A lot of times, I can't help but think back to the park.

I'm sure she cares, but, she is my friend.

Although Ella understands what it is like to have parents who are wealthy, she was kinda.. forced to know the real me.

Plus for being my friend, I was giving her a ticket to freedom.

Would Ella.. really choose me if she had an actual choice?

The day she cried about her parents, the day she cried about going back, was when I started to really think.

She never chose me to be in her life, it kinda just happened.

Fawn was given a choice, and she choose me.

I never meant to hurt Ella in the park by saying Fawn was the only one who knew the real me.

Ella knew the real me.

But... I'm just afraid that maybe she never wanted to know the real me.

"Luke whatcha thinking about?" Fawn asks as we pull into the movie theater parking lot.

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't talked the whole car ride silly, what's on your mind?" Fawn questions me, I just rest my head back on the seat.

"Not much, just how things have been lately."

There was a long pause, "You aren't thinking about yesterday are you? All you did was miss bowling, we had so much fun ice skating."

I turn my head towards her, "of course not!"

"I mean, like you said, Ella and you are just friends, right? She shouldn't mind that you wanted to spend time with your girlfriend."

"Ella's cool, she understands, she's my friend, and you're my girlfriend." I say to Fawn.

"I know, but..."

"But.."

"I don't know, at the park... it didn't seem like it."

"Seem like what?" I question her, but she just shakes her head.

"Never mind, let's go get our tickets."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude, where the hell have you been?!" Is the first thing I hear when I walk through the front door of the Rider household.

"I'm just running a little late, chill out dude." I say to Zander as he eyes me from the living room.

"Little my ass, the meeting time was an hour ago biatch." Zander says, I roll my eyes as I take off my shoes, the same time Ashton walks in with a plate of nachos, followed by Jake and Damien.