Wise Words Of A Friend

Ella's pov:

"You're such a cheater!" He yells at me as I roll my eyes at him for the millionth time in the last minute.

"It's not cheating, it's called having skill. Something that you clearly don't have." I smirk as Zander glares at me.

"There is no f*ckin way that this is your fourth strike." Zander says picking up his bowling ball, he rolls it down the alley but it just goes straight into the gutter, not even knocking down a single pin.

"You guys need to chill out, you all are acting like children." Ashton says, Julie laughs from beside him and kisses his cheek.

"I wouldn't be talking Ashton, you're in last place." Julie says standing up to get herself a bowling ball.

"What?!" Ashton quickly looks up at the screen to see me in first, Julie in second, Zander in third, and himself in last.

And it was surprising because Zander... wasn't the best at bowling.

"Damn't!!" Ashton curses out loud which causes Julie to whip her head around and squint her eyes at Ashton.

"Did I say Damn't? I meant.. uh... want donuts? I know I do!" He jumps up quickly and goes to the concession stand.

"And I am the child?" Zander laughs to himself as he lays back on the seat beside the specific lane that we were in.

As you could probably guess, Zander, Julie, Ashton, and I are at the bowling alley.

It is a Friday evening and Zander decided to come and stay the weekend in town.

His college is about two hours away whereas Ashton's is only like thirty minutes.

But that doesn't stop Ashton from deciding to use his own bedroom for the weekend.

I felt bad because I am sleeping in Julie's room and I felt like I was intruding on their privacy or something like that, but Julie always says she likes my company because of midnight girl talk, which happens a lot by the way.

But it makes me wonder, Julie is going back to school in a few weeks, what will happen then?

I try not to think about it though because I just think of it as a problem to be dealt with in future time.

Plus right now, something else has been invading my thoughts more often.

Luke.

Ever since the park, he has been... different.

Let me put it to you this way, I told myself that if he didn't like me back...

that way...

I wouldn't be upset with him.

I can't force someone to have feelings for me, it just, wouldn't be fair to them.

But now, he's always busy.

When I ask him if he wants to talk, or hangout, he's always busy with her.

Usually we would text each other maybe at night pretty much everyday about who knows what, but now, he suddenly isn't interested.

It's like I don't even matter anymore.

I knew that he thought the world of her.

I just didn't think I would be his nothing.

And the funny thing is, when it first happened, all I wanted to do was cry.

I didn't want to be around anyone, well except Julie, she is truly the greatest.