Frantic Encounter

Ella's pov:
I woke up to pain.

Well, at least I think I'm awake.

I'm actually not sure.

I can hear sounds, but when I try to open my eyes, it's almost like they are glued shut.

Then it hit me.

Oh god.

I'm in a coma.

At least, it must be.. right?

I can hear myself think.

I can hear sounds around me, like the air conditioning, but no voices.

Wait, scratch that.

"I want to see my daughter!!" A frantic voice shouts.

No, anyone but her.

"I'm sorry Mrs. but she can't take any visitors right now." A man, I assume my doctor says.

Come on Ella, open your eyes.

I try to convince myself but nothing was happening.

"She is MY daughter!! I WANT to see her now." My mom almost screams to the man, I hear a shuffling and then a silence.

I almost wanted to sigh in relief.

I must be in the hospital, the constant sound of beeps starting to give me a head ache.

After one last try to open my eyes, I start to feel tired, and without even giving an effort to stay awake, I let the darkness consume me once again.

~~~~~~~~

"This is all my fault." A low voice says.

Who is that?

"Luke, it's not your fault." Another voice says.

Luke?

I don't even know a Luke.

Unless...

The crash.

"Luke, close the curtain between you two and get some rest, if your eyes get any bagger, I will start to think you are actually a zombie coming up from the dead." A voice laughs, then, the sound of, what I guess is the curtain, makes a slow, but long closing noise.

I hear feet leave the room.

This is my chance.

I need to open my eyes.

With a strong attempt, I am able to open my eyes the tiniest bit, almost as if I was squinting.

Then, I am able to push them open.

I blink a few times before closing them again at the brightness of the light.

When I feel enough time has passed, I open them and look around me.

Like I guessed, a hospital room.

Heart monitor, bed, door, yeah pretty much the basic.

Except... this curtain.

And a person who I can't see on the other side.

Should I open it?

Or leave it closed.

But I mean.. he opened the curtain to look at me.

So....

It would only be fair.

I attempt to hold out my hand to open the curtain but I bring it back in horror.

But what if he's naked!!