The Surprise

Ella's pov:

"I'm nervous....." I whine to Julie who is sitting right beside me in her car outside of the park's entrance.

She rolls her eyes, "So I've heard, you have been saying those two words for the last twenty minutes straight."

She lays her head back on the seat looking at me while I bounce around in my seat like a kid who just came back from the candy shop.

"When did he say he would be here again?" I find myself starting to fan my face.

Is it hot in here?

Did Julie turn down the air condition?

As mush as I would like to believe that, I know it is just me overreacting.

But can you blame me? Hell, I'm about to confess to my best friend that I have a crush on him.

I'm just scared of what he will say.

But again, I feel like I need to do this.

If I just wait around not doing anything, who knows what might happen.

And plus, if Luke doesn't like me like that, then it will really save me a good heart break in the future.

Ding

The sound causes me to jump up in my seat, nearly hitting my head off the roof of the car in the process.

I quickly scramble around my surrounds to find my phone.

Starting to feel the now more common butterflies in my stomach, I read the text on my phone from Luke.

Hey, waiting in the park, where are you?

I give a confused look to Julie as she reads the text over my shoulder.

I was just about to say something to her when I feel myself getting flicked on my forehead.

"Ow!!" I whine, again, rubbing the skin where she flicked me.

It didn't really hurt, but it did hurt my feelings.

...

Ow.

"Let me get this straight, you guys didn't actually plan if you were meeting outside the park or in it?" Julie glares at me.

I throw my hands up in surrender as I try to avoid her glare, "What? I said we were meeting at the park, what's the difference if you're in it or not?" I say to her in defense.

Plus, I was having a mini heart attack just by sending that one text, did she expect me to send him another one?

Julie just shakes her head and mumbles something that sounded like "kids" under her breath.

"Hey, don't look at me, we are the same age Miss Well's, or future Mrs. Rider-..."

"La la la I'm not listening." Julie says covering her ears as I laugh at how embarrassed she gets when I talk about her becoming Ashton's wife.

Which is obviously going to happen by the way.

Julie then removes her hands from her ears and points to the park, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

I give Julie a confused look, "Aren't you coming with me?" I ask.

She just laughs and shakes her head, "As much as I would love to see you stumble over your words-..."

"Hey!!"

"... I feel like you should do this on your own." Julie laughs at my horrified expression.