Girl Talk

Ella's pov:

"I can't believe I am going to be a senior, I feel so old." Julie says as we were both lying on our backs on her bed.

I have been here for almost a full 24 hours.. and I have never experienced so much girl talk in my life.

Sure I have a sister, and we had girl talk.. I guess, it is just easier to talk to Julie.

I mean, me and Ally are like, complete opposites, but Julie... is just so understanding.

"Wasn't Ashton a Senior last year? I think that means you are calling him old." I snicker, but Julie just playfully hits me.

"No but seriously, why and how did they let me pass junior.... why did they even let me pass preschool. I need nap time." Julie says closing her eyes.

"Nap time? No... don't tell me you were one of those kids who actually slept during nap time."

"Oh I was, and it was great," Julie laughs, "did you never sleep during nap time?"

But I shrug my shoulders, "I wouldn't know, I never went to preschool."

"Oh right! You're homeschooled, what's that like? I have always wondered."

I think for a couple seconds, "honestly, not fun at all. It gets pretty lonely since there is no one to talk to."

"Oh... is that because of your.."

"Parents? Yeah."

Julie sits up, "If my parents did that to me, I don't know what I would do."

I sit up also, wanting to change the topic, I say the first thing that pops into my head, "So, how about your relationship with Ashton?" I say, raising my eyebrow.

At this, Julie blushes, "Gosh, I am so in love with that boy, it's pretty... weird."

"Weird?" I laugh.

She laughs back as she shakes her head, "To be honest, I would have never expected myself to get an actual boyfriend, I thought I would be adopting about twenty cats."

"How did you guys meet?"

I watch as Julie lets out a nervous chuckle, "That's a story for another day."

"No! I want to know!!" I beg.

"Let's just say a lot of things can happen when you are window neighbors." She says.

"Do you miss him?"

"Heck no! He visits too much! He needs to focus on school." Julie shakes her head like a disapproving mother, this causes me to let out a fit of laughter.

"That is not what I was expecting you to say."

"Okay, okay, I'll put it this way, I love him very much..."

"But?"

"But... I don't want him to feel like I am holding him back. College is suppose to be fun and I want him to have the whole experience. I love that he likes visiting me, I just.. can't help but feel bad."

"You shouldn't feel bad, maybe he just rather be with you than crashing a college party."

Julie smiles, "I guess you're right."

"When did you guys start dating?"

At this, Julie's mouth opens and then closes... "Uhhh...."

"Uhh?"

"That's a good question."

I giggle, "You don't know when you guys started dated?"

"Look! It's been a long time okay? I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast."