Memories

Ella's pov:

I stare out my window as I watch my mom and Ally head to the car and drive off to go shopping.

I just... can't believe I was so hopeful.

Wiping my eyes for the last time, I walk away from my window and lay back down on my bed.

I feel my hand inch towards my phone and I go to grab it, but then, I freeze.

That text earlier... could it have been from... Luke?

I feel my stomach start to turn as I just stare at the blank black screen on my phone.

I mean, who else could it be right?

...

But... what would it say?

Is he sorry?

Is he angry?

I don't stop the thoughts from making their way through my head as I clutch the phone in my hand. Without thinking, I turn it on.

But my stomach drops when I realize it was just an alert.

With a defeated sigh, I put my phone on my night stand and stare at my ceiling just like earlier.

I hate this.

I hate that I am always throwing myself a pity party.

I wish I could bring myself to talk to Luke but I can't, I'm afraid of what might happen.

And my mother... I don't even know what to think.

One half of me wants to run away now, pack my bags and leave, but the other half of me...

Is just homesick.

This house, is all I've ever known.

I grew up here seeing the same people everyday and just... in one day making it all vanish.. scares me.

What if I leave, where will I go?

What if I never see Ally again?

Although I have complications with my mom... I can't even picture life without Ally.

She is not only my sister, she is my best friend.

It wouldn't be fair to her.

I throw my arms over my eyes as I think about the decision even more.

I can't stop myself from admitting it... I'm scared.

I'm scared if I run away that I'll be all alone.

I haven't known Luke for that long and I really care about him... I feel like... it's too soon to lose him.

Without him, I wouldn't have made new friends, I wouldn't be able to feel what it's like to be a normal teenager, and above all, I wouldn't be able to feel what it's like to be free.

Luke gave those all to me, and instead of thanking him, I yelled at him for things I didn't understand.

Suddenly, I sit up and stare at my door with a new trail of thoughts.

What if there was a way... I could do both.

Sneak away on my own, but still live at home to stay with Ally.

I snuck out once, I can do it again.

Sure... it didn't turn out as planned, hell even ending up in a coma, but, it's just a risk that I plan on taking.

This will either be worth it, or very, very stupid.

I can't just depend on Luke to be my knight in shining armor...

I got to do this on my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe I'm doing this... again." I whisper to myself as I stare at the car I used last time to sneak out.

I think back to the crash and shiver at the memory as I look at the part where it had to be fixed.

Although it was barely noticeable, the memories were the only think I saw when I looked at the car.

My guilt, my pain, my mistakes.

When I was knocked down the most, I let myself slip into a mess that could have killed me.

But then again, I think of the positives.

If I haven't snuck out, I would have never met Luke, the person who has impacted my life the most.

So... I don't see the car as regret, I see it.. in a new perspective.

Opportunities.

A way, to make things different, for the better.

I clutch the car keys in my hand and get inside the car, well, that was until I pause.

Crap! The guard!

What am I suppose to say?

Well.. that was until an idea popped in my head.

A very... STUPID idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh excuse me, Ma'am?" The guard looks at me with a curious, but very confused look as he takes in my appearance.

"Why, hello dear." I say in my best grandma voice.

So you are probably wondering, Ella, what the hell have you done?

Well you see, we always keep cosplays in my basement because I lived in my house 24/7, what else was I suppose to do with my life?

Anyways, I remembered seeing that we owned these crazy wigs and a whole bunch of old cloths, so with the help of those, and my weird, but amazing gift of makeup art, I was able to age myself... about fifty or so years older than I actually am.

Well, not to my surprise, the guard acted nicer to me now, then well, teenager me.

Mainly because who could ever yell at an old person?!

"I hope you have a wonderful day." The guard says nodding his head.

"Thank you munchkin." Don't ask why I said that, it's all part of my amazing, non existent, acting skills.

But, he was able to believe it, so I guess they are existent now.

So with that, I drive off to one of those rest stop areas and clean all the makeup off my face and change back into regular, teenage cloths instead of looking like I just arrived from the 70's.

After changing in the small stall, I quickly use the bathroom and leave the building to head to my car once again, well, that was until I saw a familiar blonde haired girl.

She looks over and gives me a small smile to which I hesitantly return, "Hi Ella."

"Hey Samantha."