• ONE •

I exhale sitting on the couch I had a full day of doing inventory over at Topshop, I also had to work at Victoria Secret today and lastly I came home to a day full of cleaning

I exhale sitting on the couch I had a full day of doing inventory over at Topshop, I also had to work at Victoria Secret today and lastly I came home to a day full of cleaning. Camilla walks in taking off her heels I say "rough day at work"

She replies "fuck yeah I had it with those sexist pigs at the office I'm just in the mail room I can't imagine working in the same floor, I kinda blew up at work today and I quit"

I quickly sit up telling her "what do you mean you quit! Camilla we're having trouble paying the bills as it is and you know I'm still helping my sister with the twins"

My sister currently has custody of my younger twin siblings that's a story for another day though, she responds "I know, but look the auditions to become a laker girl is tomorrow and I think we should go for it"

I groan saying "but I don't wanna be known as that Camilla I wanna build this dancing empire I wanna choreograph a tour for Beyoncé or Rihanna; I don't wanna be a cheerleader"

Camilla replies "I know Selena, I feel you girl but right now this job could give us 130 dollars an hour we both could use that money"

She was right we both really needed that money for school, bills, my family and she could too we were both struggling. I couldn't be selfish right now I would have to put my dreams on hold but at least I would be dancing right. I nod telling her "okay I'm there tomorrow right"?

Camilla smiles hugging me, I respond "Yea! Yes! Thank You! Thank you so much Selena it's tomorrow at 10 AM girl we've got this"

•••

We came to the audition it was crazy the amount of girls that were in the room I say "what the actual hell Camilla how are we supposed to get through this"

There was hundreds of people fighting to get this spot Camilla replies "I know girl but we got this, I know we're just a couple of latinas from east LA but we're in here fighting for something this is our plan right now there's no back up, we've got hunger they've don't got that"

I nod as we head to a front desk signing in getting our numbers then we head to the court they waste no time in teaching us the choreography afterwards they separated us into groups of four having us preform the choreography a ridiculous amount of times in front of the same five  people just in different groups. I breath heavily walking over to my backpack grabbing my water bottle chugging it as Camilla gets called in with the next group. 

I stand beside Camilla in the gym along with the rest of the girls as one of the judges stands up telling us "I want to thank you all for coming today we saw some amazing talent here today the panel and I will continue discussing the line up for 2018 Laker Girls and the girls who are accepted should be getting the call tomorrow, have a good day"

Camilla gets up responding "a whole day, how are we supposed to wait a while say for an answer like this"

I say "I don't know girl you already know how anxious I am naturally, I'm gonna head to the bathroom"

She replies "alright girl I'll wait for you outside I need some fresh air"

I nod going to the bathroom, when I get outside I see Camilla flipping her hair and batting her eyelashes I laugh seeing her flirt with a guy I stay back for awhile til I realize if we don't leave ASAP I'm gonna be late for work. I go up to them she tells me "Selena, this is Brandon he says he plays for the team"

I smile shaking his hand responding "nice to meet you, I don't mean to intrude but ya girls gotta get to work"

He says "it's coo, good to meet you ladies I'll text you hopefully we can meet up again soon, I'll see y'all later"

As soon as he leaves she grabs my arm replying "girl did you see him he was fine"!

I smile telling her "okay girl whatever but if we make it on the team you can't talk to him anymore"

She groans responding "why? Look at him girl how can I resist"

I laugh saying "I get it but if we make it on the team we don't wanna be those girls, the girls that hook up with the players on the team"

Camilla respond "but-"

I cut her off "but nothing girl we hear for this money and that's it we don't need to be falling in love with no athlete, never trust an athlete"