• FIFTY-SEVEN •

Three Days Later

I play with the string on my joggers as my mom walks in she says "mi vida, I brought you some dinner"

I hold the blanket up to my chest replying "I'm fine Momma, thank you"

She walks in setting the plate down on the table telling me "your breakfast and lunch are still on the table, you haven't been eating the past couple of days mija, you've got to eat"

I respond "I'm not hungry"

My mom sits on the bed saying "you need to fit into your wedding dress Selena you have to eat"

Tears start streaming down my face I cover my face replying "mom I don't even know if he wants to marry me anymore"

My mom lays down hugging me telling me "no Selena, eres el amor de su vida, se lo grita al mundo todos los días"
(you are the love of his life he shouts it to the world everyday)

I shake my head respond "no ma, you didn't see the way he looked at me or the way he was talking to me"

She says "he was mad, you know you didn't have the right to do what you did"

I reply "I wanted him to have everything he'd every wish for mom, Kyle wants to know his dad"

My mom tells me "maybe you misunderstood kyle wanted a dad but it's too late now he's grown up, he's a man"

I respond "I wanted him to know"

Selena says "your gonna get married to him there's no way you aren't"

I reply "mom he practically kicked me out of the house, he could barely even look at me, and when I told him I loved him.................he didn't say it back"

She tells me "Selena-"

I cut her off "he won't answer any of my calls or text and even his manager has been calling me and I don't know what to do Momma, I'm so desperately in love with him"

My mom holds me to her chest trying to have me relax responding "Selena he just needs sometime to calm down, you were trying to help him out, you genuinely thought he was ready and he's wasn't"

I exhale saying "I just want him to have everything and I thought maybe he'd want his dad at our wedding.......but he didn't"

She replies "I don't think Kyle sees him as his father Selena and he probably didn't want him involved in the wedding at all"

I tell her "I wanted to surprise him a part of me thought he'd want him there I understand I was wrong and I've been apologizing but I feel like he wants nothing.....absolutely nothing to do with me mama"

My mom responds "con el tiempo, solo espera" (with time, just wait)

I missed him like crazy. Just three days of not sleeping in the same bed as him and my body missed him in every way possible, there's a knock on a door it gets opened by my dad he says "the party planners here, said you texted him that you were here"

I nod standing up replying "yeah thanks Dad"

I walk into the dinning room hugging my wedding planner we take a seat and he starts showing me all the seating for every table. I grab the pen leaning over writing in names telling him "ummmm Kyle thought it would be a good idea to have all of single friends sitting together he wants to play matchmaker or something"

They respond "that sounds like a good plan to me and the bar tending service we got asked what kind of alcohol or drinks you guys wanted for the wedding day and rehearsal dinner"

I say "I mean Kyle was gonna handle all of that he wanted to choose all of that"

He replies "I figured he be here"

I wasn't gonna let anyone know that we were arguing I tell him "yeah actually he's training today, one of his three a days you know so I don't know maybe you can call him later tonight and he'll know"

I was struggling to do all of this on my own so both of my parents helped me out and I zoned out for the first part I didn't wanna look at any of our wedding stuff  without him. I look at my phone to see if Kyle hand texted me and nothing just a bunch of work texts and texts from my group chat with my bridesmaids.