• THREE •

I groan walking up the stairs to my apartment whispering to myself "no. No. No. What the fuck am I doing to myself"?

I unlock my door looking behind me to still his car his still there, duh it's still there he only said I'm gonna make sure you get home safe, I wave walking inside locking the door. I didn't wanna do the walk of shame but how could I avoid it Camilla was only sitting right on the couch I say "I know, I know I can't talk right now I gotta get ready I'm gonna be late"

I run to my room changing as fasts as I can she replies "no you gotta spill something, your walking in at 7 am Selena this is never a thing"

I tell her "I know and it'll be the last time"

Camilla asks "why the last time, you must of had a good time you would of been home early but I thought you were doing homework, who were you out with"?

I respond "I was with Kuz"

Her eyes nearly pop out of her head saying "you were with Kuz"

I exhale replying "I know, I know I'm such a fucking hypocrite but I still think you shouldn't trust an athlete"

Camilla asks"well did you enjoy yourself"?

I finish getting dressed I pick up my purse and my phone, I answer "look I gotta get to work my uber is already outside"

She yells as I walk out the door "we're talking about this when you get home"!

•••

I get home around 6 PM I didn't realize that Ky was everywhere legit he was on billboards, his jersey, and Kuzmania. I enter the living room to see Camilla sitting on the couch with Chinese take out she says "now go get you jammies on it's girls night and your spilling all of the tea sis"

I come out of my room sitting on the couch beside her grabbing a box of chow mein replying "okay what do you wanna know"?

She asks "are you gonna hang out with him again"?

I answer "no he's an athlete Camilla he could never give me something real, I don't think I could live with the paranoia of him cheating on me"

Camilla groans, after a minute she exhales saying "I ain't even gonna get mad right now just told me how you ended up in his car, that's really unlike you, you barely trust Uber"

I tell her about how he touched me then leaned in for a kiss how I stopped out and how he followed me out and that I popped off on him outside with a couple of minutes. That he apologized to me and that it seemed genuine. Camilla laughings telling me "you really called his ass a pinche pendejo on the first night of meeting him that's some you shit"

I nod responding "then when he apologized I don't know seemed like he meant it, he said he didn't know he was dealing with a women, he wanted to make it up to me so we just went to McDonald's to go then went to Venice beach and we talked for hours on hours Camilla it was crazy, I didn't think that conversation could flow like that for me, well besides my family you know"

She says "well duhhhh your socially anxious, what did you guys talk about"?

I reply "we got deep pretty quick actually he just told me about home on his fight to get out how he felt it was rough, how basketball saved him, the flint water crisis he was so passionate about that he really wants to go help out, and then we talked about so many other stuff I can't even remember right now Camilla he just seemed............different. Different then what I'm used to in this town"

Cammila tells me "well it sounds like you was feeling him and he was feeling, I think of the opportunity comes up you should see him again"

I respond "look cam it's just I don't...........I need to look at the reality of the situation I can't get attached or grow feelings for someone who is probably talking to twenty other chicks, he's a basketball player they cheat"

She rolls her eyes saying "You can't have that mentality that all NBA players are trash, what if people had that mentality that all latinas were angry"

I exhale replying "it's not worth it I jut want a good man that'll take care of me as much as I'll take care of him"

Camilla tells me "look Selena I think you should just wait and see"

I respond "look Cam, I've only known him for one day and same goes for you and B, I can't help but feel like you've gotta keep that guard up"

She raises an eyebrow saying "Me. So your not gonna at least test the water, Selena come on you were clearly feeling him"

I reply "no Cam, I can picture myself being that it's just last night I forgot who he was and he got the best of me"

Camilla tells me "I didn't see him as your type you know because of the tattoos and his height"

I respond "me either I don't know it added character to him his voice was smooth during the night I started to realize more and more how fine he was, bitch he's so fine"

She laughs saying "I mean you should have fun and be eighteen"

I shake my head replying "I just don't think that's me anyways I'm not into tattoos but damn was he rocking them he's hot, but that might of just been him spitting game you know, making a girl think that they're genuinely connecting with him and then once he gets what he wants he's put, he's just a 22 year old in the NBA I'm sure he's enjoying the attention"

Camilla tells me "Selena-"

I cut her off responding "look I'm over it, I don't wanna talk about this anymore he probably ain't even thought about me since he's dropped me off let's just watch a movie or something"

After white chicks we went to our separate rooms I hop into bed and my phone vibrates.......

From Kyle Kuzma: I had a really good time last night. I was hoping for another late night adventure with you tonight....................

I exhale turning off my phone acting like I never saw the text getting back into bed.