• SEVEN •

Two Days Later

Two Days Later

I had the house to myself for about an hour now my brother left a while ago to go find a job and Camilla went to work already. I chug some water setting the glass down in the sink, today was actually supposed to be my day off but Gina was sick so I'm only gonna cover the rest of her shift which is only four hours but I could use the money. I lock the door behind me running over to my Uber listening to music as I make my way over to Topshop.

I look at the now three missed calls I have from Ky he called me yesterday morning, night and again this morning. I exhale not even knowing what he's gonna say to me or what I'd even reply but I did miss Kuz......only two days of not being in constant contact with him and I missed him. I get to work clocking in and luckily all I was doing today was working register which meant I basically didn't have to move.

For three hours if I wasn't helping on the floor or checking people out at the register I was watch friends on Netflix so overall this was a pretty good day. Right now I was helping a girl find a pair of shorts in her size, I feel a tap on my shoulder I turn to see Kyle. I whisper "give me a minute"

I head to the register quickly checking out the group girls handing the last one her receipt, I walk up to Kyle saying "what's up"

He looks taken back replying "what's up.......you've been ignoring me for the past two days"

I tell him "because you basically called me a hoe"

Kuz responds "I didn't call you a hoe Selena I would never call you something like that, I was drunk but not that drunk"

I say "I didn't think you were that type of girl, by that type you meant a hoe"

He replies "that's not what I meant you know that's not me, look I'm sor-"

I raise an eyebrow telling him "you really feel that the appropriate time to apologize to me is while I'm at work Kuzma"

Kyle responds "your right it's just you've been ignoring me and I went to your place you weren't there so I figured you'd be working"

I say "exactly I'm working"

He replies "I can wait how much longer til your out"

I tell him "like an hour"

Kuz responds "okay cool, I'll be here for an hour then we can talk at my place or your place either is fine"

I nod saying "my place it is"

An hour later Kuz was still in the store playing games on his phone, I grab my backpack walking over to him he asks "are you ready"?

I nod telling him "yeah let's get this convo over with"

He smiles responding "for real so you can get back to your sweet self"

I raise an eyebrow all he does is guide me to his car, we get to my place we start walking up the stairs a couple steps before reaching my place I notice the broken glass leading to the door. I gasp covering my mouth when I see it completely opened and my apartment was trashed Kuz says "wait out here"

Kyle walks in scoping the apartment and i was on the verge of a panic attack I was livid, a couple minutes later he replied "it's clear Selena, who ever did this left"

I walk in seeing half of my property destroyed I yell "fucking Juan, this is exactly what I get for fucking trusting your ass"

I go into my room seeing that my drawers are thrown everywhere I look at my jewelry box seeing that it's empty, Kyle asks "is Juan that douche that was hear the other day"

I tell him "he's my brother Ky fuck off"

I could say whatever I wanted about Juanito but hearing other people say it killed me, I head to my closet seeing shit everywhere then I see my textbooks all over the ground. I open the book that I had town pages out of and hid money, it was all gone ...........

That's when I start crying I sink to the floor feeling the tears hit my palms, Kyle sits next to me holding me in his arms he responds "it's gonna be okay Selena"

I say "I don't deserve this, I did nothing wrong, I tried to help him and he took the little I had"

He replies "what did he take"?

I talk him "he stole the toaster, our tv, all the jewelry in my box it was all fake beside the earrings my mom passed down to me from my grandma, then I had 4,863 dollars saved in that book and he just took it like nothing, how could he steal from me I swear I was just trying to help him I felt bad that we cut him out but he just played us over and over again, all he did was get us into trouble"

Kyle rubs my back rocking me back and fourth  responding "I'm sorry Selena, I don't know what else to say I mean at least he took meaningless stuff besides your grandmothers earrings"

I say "that was one of the last things I had of hers besides my ring and the money Kuz, dammit the money"

He replies "money is money, it comes and it goes"

I tell him "I was gonna surprise the twins on their next break and take them to finally see my parents face to face where they can finally have a genuine memory with them, I've been saving that money for months I can never save money that money was for them the tickets, the passports, and even their school I had some money to pay this months fees"

I start sobbing again he responds "I know Selena but I'm sure that Leo and Mari knowing that you were even trying to do that would mean everything to them, they love you so much"

I say "I just don't understand, I love Juan so much he's my brother I really was trying to help him and this is what he does to me Kuz"

He replies "look we've gotta go I need you to pack all your stuff, I'll help you out and I'm gonna take you to my place because I don't know what I'm gonna do to him if he comes, I understand that's your brother and I'm trying to control myself but I will snap his ass"

I get up heading into the restroom wiping tears when I come out I see Kuz on the phone with Brandon telling him that he should help Camilla out with all her stuff while he helps me. I grab every luggage and bag I have filling it with my stuff and Kuz takes the bags down to his car as I fill up new ones. I finish grabbing my last bag filled with the last of my things, Camilla is lucky that she locks her door every time she is due to an incident like this were to happy but my brother, but just because we live in a sketchier neighborhood but let's be real all of LA is pretty sketchy.

We get to his place it was a nice apartment doorman and all to get in here he says "make yourself at home, it's small but I'm like never here"

I nod replying "I think wherever you go is kind of small regardless"

He laughs easing the tension once we get all the bags to his guest room I sit on the bed taking some Advil to try and relive this head ache I've got going on right now. Kyle hugs me kissing my forehead telling me "I'm so sorry"

I wrap my arms around his just feelings h his embrace he whispering "I think you've had a long day, we can talk about whatever we need to talk about later as of now we should just call it a day and you can just get your sleep, you could use it"

I nod responding "thank you, you really came together for me today I don't know what I would of done if you weren't there and I don't know where I'd be sleeping tonight you pulled me out of an unsafe environment"

Kyle says "of course Selena your always gonna be safe with me, I've got you"