• THIRTY-FIVE •

I was currently at the grocery store pushing the cart down the aisle looking for something to but while Kyle went on a hike with Zo taking Ace so he could get to know Duce

I was currently at the grocery store pushing the cart down the aisle looking for something to but while Kyle went on a hike with Zo taking Ace so he could get to know Duce. Living with Kyle I felt like I was coming to the grocery store every two days he ran through food in the house, he claims that he's trying to bulk up but I think it's cuz he never stops eating. But he had been working out a lot so I tried to get him as many superfoods and proteins as possible but he loves his junk food so I'll make him cookies or get him some chips. Then tonight he invited Zo and Denise over for dinner so I had to cook tonight, Zos picky so I am nervous about that. I go to the register paying for everything then walking outside with my cart ordering the uber that's when I hear a lot of barking. I turn around to see a women and her two kids standing in front of the grocery store holding a box I walk up to them as one of the little girls holding her juice box says "would you like a dog miss"?

I smile kneeling down replying "where'd you guys get all these puppies"?

The mom tells me "our girl had puppies and we can't keep them all so we're trying to give them away"

Her daughter picks up a dog handing him to me

The dog looked so sad I held him to my chest asking "what kind of dog is he"?

The mom answers "Bernese Mountain Dog"

I respond "well he's adorable how big will he get"

She laughs saying "probably around seventy centimeters tall and he can weigh up to 110 pounds"

My eyes widen I reply "ohh wow"

Her little girl tells me "he'll get really big"

I look at the puppy I'm holding to my chest to see him still pouting that's when I knew that I wanted to make this little guy happy I respond "I'll take him off your hands, how much"?

The mom says "just send us pictures"

I stand up and she hands her business car I put my backpack in front of me opening it all the way setting him down inside leaving it open.

I reply "thank you so much I'll take good care of him for you guys"

My uber pulls up I load the groceries into the car then we make our way home I get the groceries down on the counter I pull him out setting him on the ground telling him "discover your new home......buddy, a name your gonna need a name, we'll let Papi choose it"