• SEVENTEEN •

A Week and A Half Later

I get out the Uber standing in front of the UCLA Health Training Center holding an açaí bowl today Kyle and I made plans to find him something to wear for the family party this weekend

I get out the Uber standing in front of the UCLA Health Training Center holding an açaí bowl today Kyle and I made plans to find him something to wear for the family party this weekend. I enter the gym to see Kyle working with three trainers practicing on his handles, I sit on the side watching him stay laser focused running drills over and over again. Fourty-five minutes later he finishes placing his hands on his knees catching his breath as sweat drips down his forehead, he stands up and one of the trainers hands him a towel. Kyle walks over to me bending down giving me a kiss I smile saying "Hey bebe"

He sits down beside me replying "hey, sorry it took longer than I thought"

I hand him the bowl telling him "it's okay it's kinda cool watching, I brought you a lil snack"

Kyle opens it responding "thanks love"

As he eats I open my backpack pulling out my hydroflask handing it to him saying "I've got some ice water in there too"

He smiles taking it replying "damn you just really thought of all of it didn't you, my baby's taking care of me today"

I look at him annoyed he starts laughing kissing my nose telling me "I'm just kidding baby you always take care of me"

I respond "of course mi Bebe hermoso"

Kyle says "I really gotta download an app or something to learn Spanish"

I nod laughing replying "yeah you do my family will be making fun of you all night at the part if you can't at least introduce yourself"

He asks "on the real"?

I nod telling him "my parents were the easy ones when it came to my entire family they're loud and judgmental unfortunately but they're good people I swear it just takes a while to warm up"

Kyle exhales responding "okay I'll try to learn the basics"

I say "I'll help you so whatever you need I've got you"

He high fives me asking "do I gotta get all dressed up and get a suit for this or like dressy casual"

I answer "it's a black tie type of event but you have a lot of suits you can just wear one of those"

Kyle replies "I'm trying to impress your family I gotta find a fresh tux"

I hold my knees up to my chest telling him "you don't have to try too hard Bubba they're going to love you"