Park Hae Jin (Part 2)

Since you're lucky, we'll let you live this time. But if you want to save her, bring back the money and data you hid. Boss will be waiting.

Hae Jin is back in your apartment, sitting on the couch in the dark and reading the note over and over again, debating on what to do.

"Either I don't save her and keep the inventory safe or I save her because she saved me." He frustratedly ran his hands through his hair and stayed up all night thinking and trying to come up with Plan A's and Plan B's. The image of you staying up all night to take care of his wounds replayed over and over in his head. He also remembers waking up one day and seeing you sleeping with your head on the coffee table. He felt thankful but scared to death for your safety. 

~~~

As soon as the sunrise same out and light entered the room, he made his decision. He quickly barged into your room and looked around for a bag he could use as well as some spare cash. After finding everything he needed, he rushed out of the apartment.

~~~

As soon as you woke up, you felt your head throbbing in pain, especially the back. You try to rub it but you can't move your arms. You're now wide awake and realize that you're tied up to a chair with your hands bound together behind your back. You struggle to move in the seat until someone speaks up.

"Ahhh the little princess has finally woken up." You look up to see a tall and very fit man with a big scar running down his left cheek. He was sitting in another chair by the wall of this warehouse looking place.

"Where am I? Why am I here?" Then you suddenly remember what happened a few hours ago when Hae Jin was trying to leave your place and then you were kidnapped. "Where's Hae Jin??"

The man laughs and gets up from his seat. He walks over to you and grabs your chin as he says, "He'll be here sooner or later to save his little girlfriend. Be patient."

He pushes your face away and takes out his phone to calls someone. "Yes Boss, it's me. The girl's awake."

~~~

It's now dark outside. The light's no longer shining through the dirty windows. The only source of light was the fires that the gangsters started in some barrels. 

The boss arrived a while ago and is sitting in a chair at the end of the room talking with the gangster who talked to you earlier. He brought an army of about 20 men with him, some standing by his side and some keeping watch. You glance over at the boss to see them looking right at you, saying something you can't hear. 

Just then, the gangster left him and walked up to you. He looked at his watch and said, "It's 11:59 and your boyfriend isn't here. Sorry."

He quickly took out a gun and pointed it straight at the side of your head. It was all so sudden and you couldn't bring yourself to move as fear ran throughout your whole body. You heard him smirk as he readied the gun, making you tightly close your eyes with a tear rolling down your cheek. 

Just then, you heard the sound of a gunshot echo throughout the warehouse and screamed out in fear. Tears were streaming down your face, but then you felt completely fine. You slowly opened your eyes to find the gangster lying on the floor with a gunshot through his stomach, then quickly turning away after seeing the blood pooling out under him.

"What the hell? Who's there!" the boss yelled out.

I glanced around and saw a silhouette emerge from the shadows. Only you saw him, Park Hae Jin. He gave you a small smile to reassure you that everything was going to be okay and you slightly nod your head in reply, only enough for him to see. 

Hae Jin suddenly raised the guns in both of his hands and began shooting the gangsters that were inside. They were off guard since they didn't know where he was and he was able to take most of them down before physically fighting the leftovers. In the end, he left the boss last on purpose with a gun pointing straight to his head. 

The boss began laughing hysterically and then said, "I knew you were too strong to die. You should've just listened to me and worked by my side. We could've been rich. Together."

"No, you would've killed more innocent people. And I will never do that." Hae Jin turned his head towards you and said, "Look away." 

You did what he said and turned your head away while tightly shutting your eyes. The next thing you heard was a gunshot, but for some reason, you felt pain growing in your chest. You opened your eyes and looked down to see blood seeping through your shirt and then looked at Hae Jin to see his eyes wide open. Everything from that moment on started to sound muffled and your eyesight grew hazy. Hae Jin shouted out in anger and began shooting at something near you. You looked to see that it was the gangster from earlier. Apparently, he wasn't dead, but now he was. Then right after that, Hae Jin shot the boss before he could run away. 

Hae Jin ran over to you and untied you as quickly as possible. As soon as you were unbound, you fell limp into his arms, exhausted and in pain. "Stay awake! You'll be okay, stay awake! Please!"

You tried smiling at him, tried telling him "okay," but you just felt so tired and eventually closed your eyes. 

~~~

"It's been a whole week since the incident, and she's still not awake. She's in a stabilized state right now...she should be waking up..."

You were laying in your bed back at your apartment while Hae Jin sat in a chair to stay next to you. He gently stroked your hair and looked at you with worried eyes. "Please...wake up..." he whispered. "It's all my fault...you shouldn't have found me that night..."

He reached for your hand but hesitated to grab onto it. He let out a huge sigh before gently taking it into his hands and holding it against his forehead. "Please..."

Feeling your fingers move, Hae Jin quickly looked up and saw that you were awake. There was a weak smile on your face as you saw him smile. "You're awake! How are you feeling? Are you still hurting a lot? Do you want water?"

You softly giggled as it reminded you of the time he woke up and you just kept rambling off. As if he remembered it too, he chuckled and gently caressed your hand. Feeling him caress your hand made your face flush red. He looked at you with a worried expression and quickly reached his other hand out to feel your forehead. "Are you okay? Are you getting a fever again?"

 You shook your head and said, "Our hands..."

He realized that he was still holding your hand and quickly let go. "A-ah...s-sorry..."

"No...it's okay... I...liked it..." You said shyly as you looked away. 

He smiled and held your hand again. "Is this what it feels like?" 

"What do you mean?" you asked him. 

"Love..."

"So I wasn't the only one who felt it..." You smiled and turned to look at him, "Thank you for protecting me."

"Thank you for waking up. From now on, I'll do anything and everything in order to protect you." He held out his pinky and said, "I promise."

You wrapped your pinky around his and your thumbs stamped together. No words were exchanged after that, just a warm smile and the feeling of something new that was just about to start. A new love story, your love story. 

Song 1: Various Artists - When the nightmares started (While You Were Sleeping OST)

Song 2: Various Artists - Rememberable (While You Were Sleeping OST)