Park Hyung Sik

Standing in front of the classroom door, you're fiddling with the note in your hands due to nervousness. You hesitate and don't know if you can do it, but just then, the door slides open from the other side and standing in front of you is Park Hyung Sik.

You both make eye contact and you quickly look away as you hide the letter behind your back.

"Excuse me," he said as he cleared his throat.

"Ah, sorry..." You step to the side to let him pass and he walks down the hall.

You watch him walk away and run your fingers through your hair in frustration, but at the same time, you sigh in relief.

The plan was to give him the note face to face, but you didn't have the courage to try it again after this happened. So you walked into the empty classroom and left your note inside his desk.

~~~

During class, Park Hyung Sik reached inside his desk to get his notebook, but instead, a little pink folded paper falls out onto his lap. He picks the note up and opens it secretly to read it.

I like you...

Initials: ____

A small smile spreads onto Hyung Sik's face as he folds the note back up and tucks it into his pocket as if nothing happened.

~~~

After school, you're standing in front of the school gate, walking in circles with quick and nervous steps. "Did he see the note? Does he know it's me? Does he even remember my name? What if someone else saw it? What if that wasn't his desk??"

Just before you started to go full on panic mode, you saw Hyung Sik walk out of the building with a few of his friends. You were going to wait until he walked closer to you so you could try to say hi, but the nerves were building up with every step he took and you speed-walked away.

When Park Hyung Sik saw you, you were already rushing away. He chuckled and his friend said, "Yah! Me failing the test is not funny!"

"I wasn't laughing at that," and with that being said, Hyung Sik started walking away first.

"See you tomorrow!" His friend shouted.

Hyung Sik simply waved goodbye and headed home.

~~~

As you're walking home while moping around and feeling dejected, someone closely walks past you. You look up and see Park Hyung Sik walking with his hands in his pockets.

Without thinking, you shout out, "Hi!"

He stops walking and turns around. When he sees you, he pulls his hand out of his pocket and waves hello back. When he did that, a piece of paper fell out of his pocket and the wind gently blew it towards you. You both walk towards it to pick it up, but it was closer to you so you got it first.

Picking the piece of paper up, you hold it out for him and that's when you saw that it was the same pink paper you wrote on and put inside his desk. Before you could snatch it back, he already took it and said, "Now you're giving it to me personally."

You were speechless, your face was as pink as a peach and you just wanted to run and hide in a hole.

He chuckled and began walking slow enough for you to follow. He asked, "How've you been? You know...since elementary school?"

"I-I've been good. What about you?"

"I've been doing well too."

You both continued to walk in silence until you couldn't handle it anymore. "Well, I should get going. My parents are probably waiting for me."