Taeyong (NCT)

(Play Music When You See "*")

Taeyong woke up late for class so by the time he got onto campus, he was sprinting to get to class. Running up the stairs, he didn't see you also rushing down the stairs and you were carrying a box filled with music sheets. By the time he looked up, it was already too late as you both collided into each other. 

The box of papers went flying in the air, music sheets going everywhere. You lost your footing from the impact and tripped over a step, falling towards the ground. But then suddenly, his hand reaches out to grab your arm and he pulls you back towards him as his other arm reaches around your waist. 

*Start Music Here*

Taeyong stared at you with wide eyes as you had yours tightly shut in fear. You slowly opened your eyes and made eye contact with Taeyong. Suddenly, he was frozen in shock and he felt his cheeks warming as his heart was rapidly beating out of his chest. 

You quickly pulled away as you saw all of the papers floating down the whole staircase and panicked, "Oh no no no! Not the music sheets!"

You quickly began picking up the papers while making your way down the stairs. Taeyong looked down at his hands that were holding you and he felt a blush come to his cheeks. He was confused with what he was feeling so he looked down at you picking up the papers. You were frantically moving to pick up the papers but everything he saw of you was in slow motion. When you moved your hair behind your ear, he was able to see your face again and his heart started thumping. 

"Gosh, now they're all out of order..." You said while sighing. 

Just then, you looked up at him and he blinked a few times before snapping out of it and quickly making his way down the stairs to help you pick up the rest of the papers. "I-I'm s-sorry! Are you okay? I'll help."

"Thank you... I'm okay, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah... I'm sorry about that. I was running late to class- OH! Class!" He quickly put the papers he collected into the box and said, "I'm sorry, I have to get going! I'll help you sort all of them out after class! Where will you be?"

"T-the music building... room 127."

"Okay! I'll be there! I'm really sorry again!" He smiled apologetically and ran up the stairs and out of sight. 

~~~

After class, Taeyong quickly made his way to the music building to help you. As soon as he opened the door, he saw you sitting on the floor with stacks of papers all around you in a half circle. You looked up and he smiled as he awkwardly waved hi. You couldn't help but smile, trying not to laugh, and wave back. 

He walked over to you and said, "What can I do?"

"Well right now I'm sorting the music sheets and then I'm going to put them in order before putting them into their own folders." 

"Okay! I can help with that!" He put his backpack down on a chair and sat next to you on the floor. "Oh, my name's Taeyong."

"I'm ____." He just sat there, smiling at you so you said, "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"N-no, I just like your name. It matches you," he said with a shy laugh. 

You feel a blush rising to your cheeks and try to laugh it off. "Hahaha thanks..."

~~~

After you both finished, Taeyong lifted the box full of finished music sheets and placed them on the table. You get up from the ground and dust yourself off as you say, "Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it."

"It was nothing...besides, I'm the one who ran into you in the first place."

There was an awkward silence until he said, "I was wondering...can I get your number?"

"M-my number?"

He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment and he couldn't seem to look you in the eye. "Y-yeah... I just... I'm kinda glad I was late to class and ran into you. I'd like to get to know you more..." Then he panicked and said, "Only if that's okay with you!" 

"Sure, why not?" You held your hand out to him and he looked at you confused. "Your phone. You wanted my number right?"

"O-Oh okay!" He quickly went to his backpack and fished for his phone. Then he rushed back to you, almost tripping over himself, and shyly handed his phone to you. 

You giggled at his silliness and typed in your number to call yourself. "There you go."

"T-thank you..."

You grabbed the box of music sheets and said, "Well I have to get going now. Call me~"

Before you could even get far, he quickly carried the box for you and said, "I'll help you carry these."

"It's really okay-" 

You tried reaching for the box but he slightly turned away and said, "No, it's okay. I can help."

You giggled and said, "Alrighty then."

As you two headed out of the building together, he asked, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Requested by @Angeetensin

Song: NCT 127 - City 127