Preface

It's said that teenagers need at least 9 hours of sleep to function. If that's so, I'm a shitty teen.

I can't see how people sleep with their heads under the blankets. For me, I'd suffocate from breathing the same stagnant, recycled air. I was also irrationally afraid that I would be suffocated by someone (such was the anxiety-inducing life of a superhero, and yes daddy).

AP exams are tomorrow, I thought sleepily as my eyes slowly closed over the book.

I tried to keep reading, but I kept reading the same sentence over and over. I tried to keep reading, but I kept reading the same sentence over and over. I tried to keep reading, but I kept reading the same sentence over and over. I tried to keep reading, but I kept reading the same sentence over and over.

I jolted upright and willed my eyes to widen. My flashlight had tilted over and fell on the book. I lifted and tossed the blanket off of me. It made the sweat that was starting to build up cool. I sighed. The air leaking into my room from my cracked window was so cold, so soothing as it caressed my skin, leaving goosebumps on my bare shoulders and arms. I gazed at the slice of moonlight that was coming through the window with the cold and pondered.

Last-minute studying was not my fortê. Especially when the air inside your study blanket tent becomes as stuffy as a high school locker room (and not in a good way).

Last-minute studying was especially hard when you were a teenage superhero. Yet, the biggest thing that I had to defeat at this time wasn't a supervillan, it was my exams the following day. 

Boy, was I wrong.