Halfway there!

March 2020
Jacklyn's Pov
Spring training is almost over in a couple of weeks it will be opening day. The boys have been doing good in spring training even some of the triple a boys have been really good. Although I'm not really interviewing any of the major league boys or the coaching staff I've been interviewing the triple a boys. I usually interview them for mlb.com articles but that's about it. My aunt has been really helpful on what questions I should and shouldn't be asking the boys. Although today is a very special day because I will be interviewing Matt Kemp today for backstage Dodgers!
Matt has been working on rehab assignments since he's been in camp. Last season during the nlds he broke his leg sliding in to home. He was safe giving us the lead and eventually wining the game for us but wasn't able to play in the nlcs.
As I'm walking to the batting cages where I will interview Matt Kemp, I run in to the Dodgers short stop Corey Seager.
"Oh hi Jacklyn. How's things been going? I haven't seen you around lately."
"Hey, yeah I've been interviewing the triple a boys trying to work my way up. But I've been doing good I'm about to interview Matt right now. How've you been?" I ask
"Things are going alright. I'm happy to hear that you get to interview Matt, that must mean things are going good for you?"
"Yeah it's been going really well. Hopefully when season starts I'll be able to go to Los Angeles with you guys instead of Oklahoma."
"That would be nice. Anyways I don't want to hold you up since you need to go do an interview, and I need to go hit. But I was nice talking to you Jacklyn"
"You too Corey. Good luck!" I smile and wave as he goes in to the cage.
I continue to smile as I make my way to where the interview is being held. For backstage Dodgers I won't actually be in the interview, I'll just be asking him questions off to the side while Matt answers them. Matt notices me as I reach up to where he needs to be and gives me a hug.
"Hi Jacklyn, this is where we will be right?"
"Yes I'll be asking you a few questions and just answer them truthfully." I smile while he nods
~~
I finish the interview with Matt and continue on with my day. There was a game today and I will be giving side commentary on the game when needed. So that means I'll be on the side of the dug out and when Joe Davis or Orel Hershiser ask me a question or ask for my opinion I will give it.
As I'm walking to the field I see my Aunt interviewing Cody Bellinger about today's game. Not wanting to interrupt them I continue my way to the field. I've made a couple of friends with the staff and some of the players. My favorite friend that I have made so far is Jack Ramirez, he's the social media influencer. Also known as the person who posts on all of the Dodgers social media accounts.
"Hey jack" I say as I walk up to him.
"Oh hey Jackie!" As he gives me a hug
"What have you been up to so far?" I ask
"Oh you know, the usual. I've been posting a lot to Snapchat lately."
"Oh nice! Like what?"
" I posted this picture of Corey and it seems a lot like it since there's a lot of screenshots"
I smile and look at the picture Jack took of Corey.(up above)
"All it is is Corey autographing some balls" I state
"Yeah but you know how teen girls are when it's the backside of a player" He winks and nudges me while I roll my eyes
"Anyways I have to go to the dugout for the game. I'll see you after the game." I tell jack as I walk away.
As I'm sitting in the dugout I feel a pair of eyes on me. I look to my left and see Corey staring at me. I feel myself get red and look away from his gaze. As I look back to where we He was he stopped looking too. Why am I acting this way? He's just a boy he has a girlfriend Jackie! Get it together! I sigh and turn my attention back to the field where the boys are now warming up.
Authors note
Yay another chapter done! I hope you have enjoyed it! Byee