Embarrassed

June 2020

Corey's POV

The sun shining through causes me to groan in annoyance not wanting to get up. Realizing I wasn't in my sheets I shoot up from the unknown bed to see Jackie. I run my hand through my hair as I try to recall last night. I notice I don't have any pants on and she doesn't have any clothes on either. As I'm staring at her little bits and pieces are starting to come together. Obviously we did something because our clothes were scattered all around her room. I just didn't know how far we had taken it. We were both pretty much drunk last night, I can remember sitting on her couch drinking a few drinks when she told me that her and Oliver broke up. And that's when it hit me, I started everything, I kissed her, I brought her in to her room, I took her clothes off I did everything. Mortified, I put my face into my hands shaking my head at what I did. I can't believe it, I respect Jackie so much I honestly can't believe I did that to her. I wasn't the only one who wanted it though we were both upset  we both needed an escape from reality. I guess we were each others escapes. 

I didn't want to wake Jackie up so I quickly got out of bed and put my clothes back on before I could be late to practice this morning. I didn't want to leave without an explanation as to why I had to leave. We both have been through a lot and I don't want her to think I used her just for sex. 

Jackie

I'm sorry I had to leave before you could wake up but I have practice to go to. I'm sorry about last night if you never want to talk to me again I understand. But I just want to thank you Jackie for everything. 

I leave the note by her dresser by her bed and exit her room. I quickly grab Hazel and walk out to my car. I put head to the steering wheel not believing what I did to Jackie. I've been attracted to her since the day I saw her in Arizona but, I never thought something like this would happen. I'm so mad at myself I never wanted to treat a woman like this especially Jackie.

Jackie's POV

I woke up with one of the worst headaches ever and the sun blazing through my room isn't helping. Being cold I go to grab my comforter to snuggle into when I notice I don't have any clothes on. I sit up in bed seeing that my clothes are all over the floor. I go to put my hair in a ponytail when I see a note on my dresser.

I read the note and I'm so disappointed in myself. This is the first time I've ever done something like this. I prided myself to not have one night stands and it was hard to do so especially since I was at USC and all of those guys are hot. I just feel more disappointed now because it was Corey it wasn't just some random dude. Corey means so much to me he's one of the greatest friends I've ever had and I'm pretty sure I just ruined it. In the note he said he would understand if I never wanted to talk to him again but I do, I do want to talk to him. I'm just not sure if he wants to talk to me. The only thing that is confusing me is we both wanted it, so what does that do to our relationship, we can't jump in to being together it doesn't work like that. Wanting someone to talk to about all of this who will give me no judgement I call up Drew. With one ring he picks up.

'Hey Jacks what's up?'

'Drew I messed up big time!'

'Oh no what did you do?'

'So Oliver broke up with me even though we weren't official and Corey just broke up with Maddy following?

'Yeah ,continue.'

'Ok so while he was at practice, I offered to watch his dog. And when he came back to pick her up I offered him a drink which he took. Well, one drink lead to... I don't even remember how many. Anyways we had sex and I don't know what to do.' Tears start to brim my eyes as my nervous habit of scratching on my chest hard kicked in.