How is this going to pan out?

Jackie's Pov

July 2020

It's a little past 11 the game finished thirty minutes ago and now I'm just waiting for Corey to get home. Ha home... this is his house not mine I mean weren't not even technically dating. We're having a kid together though this baby that we didn't mean to make solidified that we will be in each other's life forever. This whole day I've been thinking about what I'm going to do. Obviously, I'm keeping the baby, but I can't help thinking that I just ruined my career. It's not against the rule to date a player but it is definitely frowned upon especially one who had been dating a girl for five years. I'm a homewrecker no one will respect me at the stadium my whole reputation has been ruined now.

I don't want to quit my job but there is no way I can keep my job without being scrutinized for what I did or what Corey did. Oh my gosh Corey... I didn't even think about what this might do to him and his reputation! What will people think of him, having a kid out of wedlock is normal now but what about our situation? It's gonna get out but how would it be once it got out? Would people mind their business, or would it be some huge scandal? I didn't even realize I was crying until a tear had hit my cheek. I quickly wiped it away but there was little hazel coming up to me to lick away the rest of my tears. Her little tongue licking me brought a smile to my face just in time because I heard Corey unlocking the front door. I quickly ran to the bathroom to make sure I looked ok and that it looked like I wasn't crying.

"Jackie? Hey where are you?" His voice is happy which brings me joy knowing he had a good day. I quickly make sure I look ok in the mirror and head out to greet Corey.

"Hey, how'd you do?" I sit on the couch and quickly joined me.

"Man, you missed it! It was such a crazy game; we were down by 6 in the bottom of the ninth and we just oh man! We were playing small ball and the padres couldn't handle it!", With every word his face lit up and you could see how happy he is. "Finally, with two outs left and runner on first, I get down to my final strike and BOOM! I hit the ball right down the line and Mookie just runs like no other and then scores!" His laugh and smile are so contagious I can't help but join in on his joy.

"Good job Core! Wish I could have been there to see it!" His smile quickly drops and brings my legs into his lap.

"Ok, enough about me, how was your day? What did you do?"

"Uh it was ok Hazel and I just kinda hung out today. I did make a doctor's appointment though." Corey's eyes widen and mouths the word 'oh'. "I made sure though it was for your next day off in two weeks on the 3rd."

"Ok that's good! Thanks for making sure it was on my day off." I move closer to Corey and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Of course, we're in this together so I want you to be at my side at every chance you can get."

Corey's hand keeps rubbing up and down my thigh distracting me from every word Corey was saying at the moment. All I could think about was how good it felt to know both the baby and I were in good hands.

"Jackie?" He finally catches my attention and immediately look up to see his green eyes lock with mine. He moves his hand from my thigh to my face. He strokes my cheek with his thumb and he slowly leans in. His lips capture mine and it's like every time we kiss, I lose all sense of time and space. He's all I think about in the moment and how content I feel to have his lips on mine. Corey leans me back on the couch and continues to kiss me as he gets on top of me.

"Corey..." he hums on my mouth as his lips descend on my neck causing me to let out a moan. "Let's go to bed?" Corey doesn't even give me an answer because as soon as it left my mouth he picked me up and led to the bedroom.

Author's note

Super short chapter lol but I really wanted to squeeze another chapter out for you. But I do have a question for you guys would you rather have quicker updates with shorter chapters or a little bit longer updates with a little bit longer chapters? Please let me know it will help a lot! Also thank you for all the love you guys have given me it truly does inspire me to keep writing! Ok that's it make sure you comment and vote! Byeeee