Living Nightmare

Corey's POV

July 2020

Waking up to having Jackie in my arms is something I don't want to give up. Each morning these past few days I've woken up before her and I just admire the wonderful girl right beside me. I know she's scared of being in a relationship right now, especially in a relationship with me. I'm trying to take every day as it is because Jackie is a fresh of breath air. She's made me happier than I've been in the last 3 years. At this point, I wouldn't know what I would do without her in my life. I know it's crazy for me to say it since I've only known her less than a year but that's how much she's impacted my life. 

Jackie turns over to where we're now facing face to face. She's still asleep but she was starting to stir in her sleep. I know she was going to catch me watching her sleep but I didn't care if she did. I couldn't look away from her. Her eyes finally open and meet with mine. She gives me a small smile and begins to stretch. "What are you staring at?" She asks coyly. I move a piece of hair that falls in front of her face to the side. "Nothing. How'd you sleep?" She moves closer unknowingly allowing her legs to brush mine underneath the covers. "Mmm good, I had a dream about you actually." I let my arm fall on her waist as I get closer too. "Really what was it about?" She moves on to her back as she tries to recall her dream. "It was playoffs, I don't know if it was the NLDS or NLCS but you guys were playing the Cardinals and you were up to bat in the bottom of the ninth. I think it was a full count and you struck out." She finishes with a little laugh as she looks at me for an answer. All I can do is shake my head. "Wow even in your dream, I suck." She bursts into laughter making me laugh as she turns towards me again. 

"You don't suck, Corey. Sure you're no Cody Bellinger but you don't suck." I roll my eyes at her playfully as she continues to laugh. "I'm joking, you know I am. Plus, I like you a lot more than Cody." I turn towards her looking her right in the eye capturing every single detail about them. "Good." Jackie moves even closer to me if that's even possible and wraps her arm around my neck. I look from her eyes to her lips wanting to capture them with mine but not knowing if she wants to. I look back into Jackies eyes and her lips part slightly letting me know it's ok. I let my lips capture hers softly. We fight for dominance for a while until I let her win. She pulls away only to move from her side of the bed to on top of my waist. She takes control again as I grab her waist and knead her thighs with my hands. She quickly pulls away and starts to kiss my neck. As soon as she finds my sweet spot I flip her over. She giggles as I start to plant kisses around her face. I kiss her on her lips sweetly and pull away from her. She hums in response and holds my face with her hands. "I'm going to go shower, don't miss me, Corey." I laugh as she uses the line I used yesterday. 

~~

We've been on the road for two hours now driving back to LA and surprisingly Jackie hasn't fallen asleep on me. "Ok ok ok would you rather... parachute from the statue of liberty or the Eiffel Tower?" We've been playing the silly game of would you rather now for about thirty minutes of the drive. To be honest I'm kinda bored of the game but if this is what keeps Jackie entertained so be it. "Eiffel Tower for sure." She hums as her response and looks out the window.  "Would you rather have 11 toes or 11 fingers?" She turns her head to me with disbelief and giggles. "Um, 11 toes because no one has to know if you wear shoes." I mean she's not wrong. The car falls silent as we listen to the radio seeing that we couldn't see eye to eye on what music to play. 

"Are you excited for the upcoming series?" She turns her body towards me to get comfortable in her seat. "Yeah, the Padres are a good team this year so, we'll see how we play against them." She hums as a response. "I wish we were back home for this series. I kinda miss working already."  My eyebrows raise as I didn't know how much Jackie likes to work. "You really love your job huh?" She nods enthusiastically and smiles as she watches the road. "Yeah, I didn't know I was going to fall in love with it as much as I did. I'm still trying to prove myself though so I can be where my aunt is."