Opening Day

April 2020
Today is opening day and I can't be more excited. The freeway series went better than expected,we beat the Angles in a 3-1 series finale yesterday.Honestly I'm still in shock that I'm still here with the Dodgers. Ever since I was a little girl I've loved the Dodgers and so has my whole family, I never imagined myself working for the franchise though. I'm currently in my Aunts office that we're sharing for the season texting my parents.
Mom
Hey baby are you excited for today?
Me:
Beyond excited! The whole fambam is still coming right?
Mom
Of course sweetie we wouldn't miss it for the world💞
I finished reading her text with a smile on my face. As I put my phone down I decide to go to the field and film a little bit of batting practice. I reach the field and smell the freshly cut grass and the sound of the balls being hit.
"Hey Jacklyn happy opening day!"
"Thanks Joc happy opening day to you too!" I smile as he walks away
I spot Jack on his phone most likely posting on one of our social media outlets.
"Hey Jack happy opening day!"
"Hey Jackie happy opening day!" He says as he brings be in to a hug
"What are you up to?" I ask
"Just Snapchatting the boys warming up"
I see Analea leading the stretches near the third base foul line. Out of the corner of my eye I see Andrew Friedman running up towards me.
"Jacklyn we need you to host the pre game show before the game! Not the one in the studio the one here in the stadium where you talk to fans before the game on dodger vision."
"What happened to Sarah?"
"She has food poisoning, please we need someone to do it"
"Yeah! Of course I'll do it."
"Great! Report with Jason at 6:30"
He leaves and I'm in total shock.
"Oh my god congratulations Jackie!"
"Thanks Jack!" I smile ear to ear
"I need to go text my parents, I'll see you in a bit"
As I'm walking to the dugout to text my parents I pass by Corey. I haven't talked to him since the dinner, we've had awkward eye contact but nothing more. Before he snapped at me we would talk to each other every day even if it was a simple hi, but we haven't even exchanged a hi.
"Hey Jackie wait!" Corey calls out
"What's up?"
"I never really apologized to you. Um I'm really sorry I was going through something and um took it out on you. I never meant to do that" He says while looking down
"Don't worry about it, I get it"
"After the game um I was wondering if you would like to go out to eat or something"
"Oh uhh I don't know my family is coming to see me. Maybe another day" I say truthfully
"Yeah sure" He gives a small smile and walks away

~~"Alright fans I am here with the one the only Kirk Gibson, everyone give him a hand!" I say as fans start erupting in cheers"He will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch today! So Kirk how does it feel to be back in Dodger Stadium as a Dod...

~~
"Alright fans I am here with the one the only Kirk Gibson, everyone give him a hand!" I say as fans start erupting in cheers
"He will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch today! So Kirk how does it feel to be back in Dodger Stadium as a Dodger legend?"
"It feels amazing to be back in Dodger stadium and feel the electricity of how amazing the fans are."
"Alright thank you Kirk! Don't forget fans you can grab a quick picture with Kirk in the right field plaza tomorrow as soon as the gates open!"
The cameras shut off for that segment and I'm finished until the 5th inning.
~~
The game has started and Clayton has thrown 2 perfect innings so far. Cody hit a two run homerun giving us the lead 2-0. I look around as spot my parents and my older brother sitting right behind the third base line.
"Why are you so smiley for?" Kiké asks
"Just glad you guys are doing well."
"Well I have a secret!" He says like a little middle schooler
"And what might that be!" I giggle
"Some has a crush on youuuu"
"Oh really? Now are you going to tell me or are you just going to make me guess?"
"Neither!" He says as he walks up to the on deck circle
I see Corey looking back at me and offer him a small smile which he returns
"You did a good job hosting the pre game show you know."
"Thanks I really appreciate that"
"No problem, but I meant what I said earlier I really would like to take you out to eat one day."
"Don't you have a girlfriend?"
"She's not important"
"Listen Corey you're a great guy but, I don't want to ruin a relationship and have some girl out for me."
"Ok" he walks away to grab his glove since it was time for him to play defense. I sigh as I make my way to the left field plaza to have a fan play corn hole.
Authors note
So I needed to study for my chem final but decided to put out a chapter for you guys lol. Anyways Dodgers won today in a come from behind in the bottom of the 8th!!! Corey was in the dugout for the past weekend and I'm so happy to see him with the boys. School is almost out so more chapters will be coming. Don't forget to vote and comment ok byeeeee
Lol it's the next day after my chem final I failed but oh well🤷🏽‍♀️