Ours

Corey's POV

July 2020

It's currently 3 in the morning and I've been lying awake for a good hour or so. Jackie is lying next to me peacefully as she sleeps. I can't keep my eyes off this beautiful woman who is carrying my child... my child I never thought I would say that. I've always wanted kids I just never thought I would potentially have one this young. Am I ready? Of course, not... I love my nieces and nephew but that's because they're not my kids. I mean I don't know anything about taking care of kids let alone a baby. This woman next to me I knew she was special and important the minute I laid my eyes on her. I just never knew that the first day of spring training this woman I couldn't keep my eyes off her, and I would here right now.

Jackie snuggles deeper into the blankets taking me away from my thoughts for a brief moment. I think... I think I do want this baby; I want this wonderful woman to be the mother of my child. I just hope when Jackie wakes up, she feels the same. I dig deeper into the sheets, take Jackie in my arms, and slowly fall asleep.

I awake to the sound of throwing up and immediately jump out of bed to help Jackie. I run to the bathroom and see Jackie doubled over the toilet. I quickly move to grab her hair out of the way and rub her back to comfort her. Jackie starts to cry in the midst of her throwing up.

"Shh it's ok Jacks it's ok, it's ok", she finishes throwing up and continues to cry. I let her hair go to sit on the floor and bring her into a hug.

"What are we going to do Corey?", I rub her back slowly as I let her get all of her feelings out.

"If you want to keep the baby, I'll be with you every single second of it ok?", she nods her head as her cries turn into a whimper. Jackie pulls out of my hug to clean herself up. I follow her out of the bathroom and sit on the bed with her right next to me.

Jackie looks at me with tears in her eyes,

"I think... I think I want to keep the baby Corey", her voice breaks as she finishes her sentences.

Without even knowing I'm holding back tears I break out into a relieved sob. I immediately engulf her into my arms and we both just cry together not knowing what the future has in store for us. I pull out of the hug and wipe away the tears from Jackie's eyes,

"We got this ok? We will raise this baby together no matter what happens. I will be there for you and this baby... our baby!" she smiles and wipes the remaining tears away.

"Corey, thank you. Seriously thank you for everything we are going to be the best parents to this baby", more tears come out and all I can do is nod.

"Ok I'm gonna make you breakfast and head to the field, what do you want?" she lays back in bed and smiles.

"The baby and I want mmm... French toast!" She laughs and digs deeper into the blankets.

~~

I've been at the stadium for 2 hours now going through my pre-game workout routine. Jackie decided to take the day off and figure everything out. I head over to training room to get another checkup on my elbow just for precautions from my tommy john.

"Hey Analea, just here for my checkup." Analea smiles and pats on the bed indicating me to sit.

"Hey Corey sit let me get a good look on it."

Analea puts gloves on and moves over to my right side to check on my arm.

"So, how's Jackie? I haven't been able to speak with her in a while now." She bends my arm and feels right under where my bone is at.

"Uhh she's good, she just is going through something right now." I look away not wanting to look her in the eyes right now.

She hums as she continues her evaluation on my arm. She takes off her gloves and sits down on the stool next to the evaluation table next to me.

"Ok Corey everything looks good. Do you have any discomfort when you throw or hit?"

"No, not lately everything is fine for right now." She smiles and nods with content.

"Good, ok well since you said everything is good you can go out and take your bp."

"Awesome, thanks again Analea!" I get off the table and pat her shoulder as I'm getting ready to leave. As soon as I'm close to the door Analea calls out to me.

"Hey Corey," She pauses as she looks like she is looking for the right words to say to me.

"Yeah?"

"Can you just tell her to call me when she gets the chance?" I see the hurt in her eyes and concern in her face. My heart breaks for her but also brings me joy knowing Jackie has friends who truly care for.

"I will!" Her face turns into a tight smile and cleans the table I was just on.

I head over to bp to take my reps and just take in the beautiful ballpark I get to call my job. I've worked so hard to be where I am today, I just never imagined I would be where I am at life. A girl I've known for less than a year who is five years younger than me just starting out in the real world be the mother of my child. I just always imagined I would be engaged to Mady by now and ready to get married to her. Life is crazy sometimes and things happen for a reason and this child is a whole new adventure to me and to her.

"C'mon Core were not going to wait all day for you dude!" Justin calls me over and the rest of the boys laugh along.

"I'm coming!" I jog over and take my reps. 

Author's note:

THE DODGERS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!! Haha hey guys I can't believe we won the world freaking series!! I wanted to get this out for you guys so I apologize for this short chapter. Just like last time though tell me what you think about this chapter and how Jackie and Corey's relationship is progressing. It really does motivate me to keep going so everyone who voted and commented thank you so much I appreciate you very much! Honestly anyone who reads this story thank you! Hopefully I can squeeze out another chapter soon. Ok well make sure you comment and vote! byeeeee